±Partners and Sponsors
New Today: 2
New Yesterday: 7
· Man In The Middle Attack: Forensics
· Extracting Evidence from Destroyed Skype Logs and Cleared SQLite Databases
· Windows 8 File History Analysis
· Understanding Rootkits: Using Memory Dump Analysis for Rootkit Detection
· Bitcoin Forensics Part II: The Secret Web Strikes Back
· OS X Mavericks Metadata
· Bitcoin Forensics – A Journey into the Dark Web
· Analysis Of iOS Notes App
· Forensic Software in Child Protection Cases
±Follow Forensic Focus
Recovery of tape data
I have just received half a dozen large boxes of assorted backup-up tapes. These date back over the last 10 years and are written in a selection of formats on 20 or 30 different computers.
Does anyone know of any software that I can use to recover the data from all these tapes? If I can I want to avoid loading a whole selection of different software which is specific to each particular set of tapes.
Another question: as time went on and data capacities went up does anyone know if the latest version of a particular drive will read earlier versions of its particular tape cassette?
Thanks in advance
Forensic Computer Services
Lotus Notes eDiscovery and Forensics
Tape eDiscovery and Forensics
- Senior Member