±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 4
New Yesterday: 2
· Extracting data from dump of mobile devices running Android operating system
· Development of Digital Forensic Tools on Mobile Device, a Potential Area to Consider?
· Can You Get That License Plate?
· How To Decrypt WeChat EnMicroMsg.db Database?
· A guide to RegRipper and the art of timeline building
· Recovering Evidence from SSD Drives in 2014: Understanding TRIM, Garbage Collection and Exclusions
· FT Cyber Security Summit 2014 – Recap
· Why Offender Profiling is Changing Thanks to Mobile Forensics and Increasingly ‘Social’ Criminal Activity
· Understanding Cyber Bullying – Notes for Digital Forensics Examiners
±Follow Forensic Focus
Recovery of tape data
I have just received half a dozen large boxes of assorted backup-up tapes. These date back over the last 10 years and are written in a selection of formats on 20 or 30 different computers.
Does anyone know of any software that I can use to recover the data from all these tapes? If I can I want to avoid loading a whole selection of different software which is specific to each particular set of tapes.
Another question: as time went on and data capacities went up does anyone know if the latest version of a particular drive will read earlier versions of its particular tape cassette?
Thanks in advance
Forensic Computer Services
Lotus Notes eDiscovery and Forensics
Tape eDiscovery and Forensics
- Senior Member