±Forensic Focus Partners
|New Today: 1||Overall: 29198|
|New Yesterday: 2||Visitors: 57|
· SADFE 2015 – Malaga 30th September – 2nd October
· Countering Anti-Forensic Efforts – Part 2
· Windows 8 Touch Keyboard Forensics
· Countering Anti-Forensic Efforts – Part 1
· Linux Timestamps, Oh boy!
· Standard Processes in Windows 10
· NAS Forensics Explained
· Project Spartan Forensics
· FT Cyber Security Summit Europe – London 22nd September
Recovery of tape data
I have just received half a dozen large boxes of assorted backup-up tapes. These date back over the last 10 years and are written in a selection of formats on 20 or 30 different computers.
Does anyone know of any software that I can use to recover the data from all these tapes? If I can I want to avoid loading a whole selection of different software which is specific to each particular set of tapes.
Another question: as time went on and data capacities went up does anyone know if the latest version of a particular drive will read earlier versions of its particular tape cassette?
Thanks in advance
Forensic Computer Services
Digital Forensics and eDiscovery
Lotus Notes eDiscovery and Forensics
CCTV Forensics and analysis
Tape eDiscovery and Forensics
- Senior Member