±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 3
New Yesterday: 10
±Forensic Focus Partner Links
· Carving out the Difference between Computer Forensics and E-Discovery
· Forensic Analysis of SQLite Databases: Free Lists, Write Ahead Log, Unallocated Space and Carving
· How Secure Is Your Password? A Friendly Advice from a Company That Breaks Passwords
· Using SQL as a date/time conversion tool
· Forensics and Bitcoin
· Investigation and Intelligence Framework (IIF) – an evidence extraction model for investigation
· Extracting data from dump of mobile devices running Android operating system
· Development of Digital Forensic Tools on Mobile Device, a Potential Area to Consider?
· Can You Get That License Plate?
Recovery of tape data
I have just received half a dozen large boxes of assorted backup-up tapes. These date back over the last 10 years and are written in a selection of formats on 20 or 30 different computers.
Does anyone know of any software that I can use to recover the data from all these tapes? If I can I want to avoid loading a whole selection of different software which is specific to each particular set of tapes.
Another question: as time went on and data capacities went up does anyone know if the latest version of a particular drive will read earlier versions of its particular tape cassette?
Thanks in advance
Forensic Computer Services
Lotus Notes eDiscovery and Forensics
Tape eDiscovery and Forensics
- Senior Member