±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 2
±Follow Forensic Focus
· TDFCon 2015 – Middlesbrough 15th May
· Electronic Voiceprints: The Crime Solving Power of Biometric Forensics
· DFRWS Europe 2015 Annual Conference – Recap
· DFRWS EU 2015 – Dublin 23rd – 26th March
· SQLite Database Forensics – ‘Sleep Cycle’ Case Study
· Data Recovery As A Medium For Email Forensics
· Carving out the Difference between Computer Forensics and E-Discovery
· Forensic Analysis of SQLite Databases: Free Lists, Write Ahead Log, Unallocated Space and Carving
· How Secure Is Your Password? A Friendly Advice from a Company That Breaks Passwords
Recovery of tape data
I have just received half a dozen large boxes of assorted backup-up tapes. These date back over the last 10 years and are written in a selection of formats on 20 or 30 different computers.
Does anyone know of any software that I can use to recover the data from all these tapes? If I can I want to avoid loading a whole selection of different software which is specific to each particular set of tapes.
Another question: as time went on and data capacities went up does anyone know if the latest version of a particular drive will read earlier versions of its particular tape cassette?
Thanks in advance
Forensic Computer Services
Lotus Notes eDiscovery and Forensics
Tape eDiscovery and Forensics
- Senior Member