±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 32893
New Yesterday: 9 Visitors: 167

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

RSS Feed Widget

±Latest Webinars

Dissertation/project ideas?

Computer forensics training and education issues. If you are looking for topic suggestions for your project, thesis or dissertation please post here rather than the general discussion forum.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Dissertation/project ideas?

Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:14 pm

Hi all,

I am going back to University in September and was wondering if anyone has any topics in mind as to what would be a good project/investigation to do, any recommendations or any areas that are becoming desirable for employers.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!  

dsiddall

Re: Dissertation/project ideas?

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:52 pm

- dsiddall
Hi all,

I am going back to University in September and was wondering if anyone has any topics in mind as to what would be a good project/investigation to do, any recommendations or any areas that are becoming desirable for employers.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

There is a dedicated sticky here:
www.forensicfocus.com/...ic/t=6829/
pointing to a specific page:
www.forensicfocus.com/project-ideas

See if anything in it sounds interesting to you.

jaclaz

jaclaz

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:53 pm

How often is the Topic Ideas page updated? I also need a research topic for my Masters.

Thank you.  

ahern168

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:31 am

- ahern168
How often is the Topic Ideas page updated? I also need a research topic for my Masters.

Thank you.

How relevant is that piece of info (frequency of updates)?

I mean, it is just a list of ideas, from time to time IF someone comes up with a new idea, he/she talks about it and it is added to the list, IF (never happened that I can remember) someone finds in the list a suitable topic AND makes the related research/dissertation AND let us know about it, that idea/topic is removed from the list, possibly adding a link on the board to the thesis/dissertation (if public).

What normally happens is that people look for these topics/ideas, they are pointed to that list, then they decide that the topics in it are any among (choose one):
1) too difficult/complex
2) too bothering
3) too wide
4) too narrow
5) too different from the *whatever* they already have thought
6) irrelevant
7) unsuitable/not approved by their professor (which already thought about something else)
and suddenly they vanish, to never return, without even leaving a comment.

jaclaz

jaclaz

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:38 pm

Thank you, jaclaz. You answered my question!  

ahern168

Page 1 of 1