New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 3
· KS – an open source bash script for indexing data
· Mobile Device Geotags & Armed Forces
· Categorization of embedded system forensic collection methodologies
· Interpretation of NTFS Timestamps
· What are ‘gdocs’? Google Drive Data – part 2
· What are ‘gdocs’? Google Drive Data
· Bad Sector Recovery
· Forensic Artifact: Malware Analysis in Windows 8
· Windows 8: Important Considerations for Computer Forensics and Electronic Discovery
Final year Forensic computing student
Having completed an industrial placement as part of my course I have experience of working in a Digital Forensic Unit for a Police Force so I am aware of the type of work involved, but unfortunately so far I have only seen vacancy requiring 6 months or more experience using Encase and although we have access to Encase at university so I have knowledge of the workings of the software we are not formally taught how to use it.
Can anyone advise me on where to look for graduate opportunities to get into a role within the field of computer forensics and is it too early to start looking for vacancies now?
I currently work at a Federal Digital Laboratory as a contractor/consultant where we are always looking for junior people who have either graduated a Masters/Certification course in computer forensics or has a strong desire to get into this field.
It is never too early to start looking especially when a security clearance is concerned. This laboratory does require a DOJ clearance which can take up to 3-4 months to process so if you are interested in this and do not mind living in Northern VA please respond back to me through this post and let me know. If you are then I will give you a name and contact on who to talk further on this. Hope this helps you in your search.
Feel free to ask any questions you have to me.
Sr Computer Forensic Consultant