±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 1
· Can You Get That License Plate?
· How To Decrypt WeChat EnMicroMsg.db Database?
· A guide to RegRipper and the art of timeline building
· Recovering Evidence from SSD Drives in 2014: Understanding TRIM, Garbage Collection and Exclusions
· FT Cyber Security Summit 2014 – Recap
· Why Offender Profiling is Changing Thanks to Mobile Forensics and Increasingly ‘Social’ Criminal Activity
· Understanding Cyber Bullying – Notes for Digital Forensics Examiners
· Investigating the Dark Web – The Challenges of Online Anonymity for Digital Forensics Examiners
· The Complete Workflow of Forensic Image and Video Analysis
±Follow Forensic Focus
Forensics Analyst / Computer Forensic Examiner- SF BAY AREA
San Francisco, CA
Charles Schwab’s purpose is to help everyone become financially fit. Through advocacy and innovation, Schwab has worked to make investing more affordable, more accessible and more understandable for all. For more than three decades, The Charles Schwab Corporation has been an advocate for individual investors and the independent advisors who serve them.
At Schwab, we respect the unique differences of our employees, our clients and the communities we serve – striving to create a consistent and rewarding employee experience. If you share our enthusiasm for helping others, building trusted relationships, possess high ethical standards, and have a desire to learn and grow, there’s a place for you at Schwab!
It is the goal of Schwab's Information Security Services team to enable the Firm to grow and fulfill its mission in the face of an ever-changing risk environment. We strive to ensure that Schwab's business practices effectively safeguard its information assets (particularly our client's information), and seek to maintain a culture of security through sound policies and regular evaluation of organizational compliance with those policies. Information Security Services achieves this mission through applying the latest technologies and researching emerging threats.
Brief Description of Role:
The Computer Forensic Examiner works in the Firm's Information Security Services Forensic Lab under the supervision of the Director, Forensic Investigations to support forensic, electronic discovery, and litigation support workflow processes. Essential personal attributes for this candidate include integrity, ability to work well with others, detail-orientation and a strong work ethic.
The Computer Forensic Examiner has the following responsiblities:
- Acquire, collect, document, and preserve evidence from various forms of electronic media and equipment.
- Conduct examination of digital media.
- Identify, document and prepare reports on relevant findings.
- Handle evidence in accordance with company policies and forensic lab best practices.
- Support computer incident response activities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least one year of experience in computer forensics, or five years of experience with IT security in a complex technology environment and Encase vendor certification.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Forensics or Information Technology, or equivalent Information Security experience.
- Training and experience with Encase is essential.
- Training and experience with mobile/PDA forensic tools is desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of desktop and laptop hardware, and all current Windows Operating systems is required.
- Familiarity with Chain of Custody procedures, forensic lab best practices, and evidence handling.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Please apply online at jobsearch.schwab.com/f...esc=FFSANS