±Forensics Europe Expo

±Follow Forensic Focus

Join our LinkedIn group

Subscribe to news

Subscribe to forums

Subscribe to blog

Subscribe to tweets

ILooKIX - What do you think?

Forensic software discussion (commercial and open source/freeware). Strictly no advertising.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next 

ILooKIX - What do you think?

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:13 am

Hey guys,

I've worked with the old version of Ilook for quite some time, and i personally think that it was a great software. But as you may know, the project ended and there is no support for the old version.

I saw that a new version, IlookIX is now on the market, and I was wondering if any of you had tried it already, and if so, what do you think? Comparing it to the old timers like Encase and FTK.

Thanks  

WarlocK88

Re: ILooKIX - What do you think?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:37 pm

Love it. I've "grown up" with ILook - v7, v8 and now KIX. Installation is a piece of cake and away you go with a full copy of MS SQL Server at your disposal. It's fast and does everything I'd ever want it to do. Even better, the folks over at Perlustro are unbelievably responsive. If you can show a decent improvement that will benefit the application, count on it being included in the next minor release or two, which by the way are every couple of weeks instead of once a year or so.  

RyanP

Post Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:51 am

Hey RyanP
Thanks for your response.
Did you get a chance to compare it to other programs out there, like Encase or FTK?

WarlocK88  

WarlocK88

Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:23 am

How is anyone getting Ilook, I have tried several times to contact someone from Ilook but have received no response? I am a LEO and would like to get a copy.  

mrpumba

Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:26 pm

mrpumba,

Jim Baker, who is heading the company now, is a friend of mine and I speak to him often. Shoot me an email at dallen at wavelandpolice dot com and I'll see to it that he gets your information to contact you and I'll answer any questions from an end user point of view. As with the previous poster, I've used ILook from it's free days to the current version and love the software. I've used it to examine Windows, Mac OS, and Linux O/S's. I haven't had a lot of experience with Encase or FTK (other than demos from my peers who use it) so I don't feel qualified to give a comparison.

Dave Allen
Waveland Police Department  

DaveAllen

Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:30 pm

I believe that ILook is no longer available for free to LE. The old IRS iLook website is still up, but no longer valid.  

JLEllis

Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:37 am

I'm also very interested in information comparing it to EnCase/FTK. Our dept is in the process of looking to upgrade software, and part of my job is to figure out which to get. I've used FTK and EnCase for years (FTK4 is the front runner), but I'm open to other ideas.

Dave, I'd love some information as well (http://www.perlustro.com/ is where I've been) if you're open to sharing. Thanks!

P.S. A PM or here is fine, though I can share other contact info via PM.

GuidoZ

Reply to topicReply to topic

Share this forum topic to encourage more replies

Page 1 of 10
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next