New Today: 7
New Yesterday: 3
· Geo-tagging & Photo Tracking On iOS
· KS – an open source bash script for indexing data
· Mobile Device Geotags & Armed Forces
· Categorization of embedded system forensic collection methodologies
· Interpretation of NTFS Timestamps
· What are ‘gdocs’? Google Drive Data – part 2
· What are ‘gdocs’? Google Drive Data
· Bad Sector Recovery
· Forensic Artifact: Malware Analysis in Windows 8
Reverse lookup on Yahoo mail?
I have a case where an individual sent an email using a yahoo account. I have the headers we received and have found the originating IP. Obviously, the attorney would like to know the owner of the email account.
I've tried "free" reverse email lookups and they tell me it's registered to Sunnyvale, CA which is Yahoo's home address.
Are there tools to accurately retreive this information legally? Or does the attorney need to contact Yahoo directly?
The attorney should submit a subpoena to Yahoo!. I do not have the contact information for their legal department handy, but it isn't hard to find. The value of the free services is what you pay for them.
CISSP, CCE, EnCE, Licensed Private Investigator (CA)
- Senior Member
Online Service: Yahoo!
Online Service Address: 701 First Ave
Sunnyvale, California 94089
Phone Number: 408-349-3687
Fax Number: 408-349-7941
Note(s): After-hours Emergencies:
Yahoo! Security at 408-349-5400
San Jose FBI
This is also the contact information for rocketmail.com
I'm not a cellular technology expert, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
- Senior Member