New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 4
· Geo-tagging & Photo Tracking On iOS
· KS – an open source bash script for indexing data
· Mobile Device Geotags & Armed Forces
· Categorization of embedded system forensic collection methodologies
· Interpretation of NTFS Timestamps
· What are ‘gdocs’? Google Drive Data – part 2
· What are ‘gdocs’? Google Drive Data
· Bad Sector Recovery
· Forensic Artifact: Malware Analysis in Windows 8
Digital Forensics Operations Manager, London, £60k-£70k
1. Working with the Managers of the requisite unit and in liaison with the Directors, you will oversee the management and assist direction of all fee earning staff: Consultants/Trainers,
Integrators and Forensic analysts within the Operations teams.
A strong background in information security operations management, security standards and theory, delivery of training courses and in information security incident response. Ideally with knowledge of digital forensic lab practices and procedures, evidence handling and testifying as an expert witness is required. An added bonus would involve knowledge of GRC processes and solutions and experience with law enforcement, investigations or with a professional services firm will be beneficial. You will be responsible for the quality of client deliverables, assisting with business development, and supporting sales and marketing efforts.
2. Manage the operational resources within the Consultancy/Training Services, GRC Integration and Digital Investigations teams to maximise revenue earning in line with agreed revenue targets.
3. Ensure outstanding client satisfaction through the effective management of all client
expectationstogether with the delivery of successful job assignments on time,
to budget and to defined quality standards. Good working knowledge of Project Management practice is a requirement.
4. Demonstrate clear accountability for corporate business objectives including participating in defined Company processes and meetings (e.g. revenue forecasting process), ensuring effective communications, reporting and issue ownership. Ensure that the company’s Operations and any contingent revenue from all nominated clients and active projects is accurately forecast, achieved and provide documents (timesheets or other items) to allow accurate client invoicing by the Accounts department.
5. Personally act and support the Director’s in obtaining New Business with regard to bid
submission of operations service delivery for client contracts ensuring demonstrable best practice and providing leadership by example in the achievement of outstanding client satisfaction.
6. Manage the operations business across multiple simultaneous client assignments,
taking responsibility for the successful initiation, delivery and completion of all assignments
whilst ensuring that appropriate Company procedures and quality standards are followed in all areas including:
• business analysis and requirements definition
• resource, budget and assignment planning
• risk analysis and management
• assignment delivery, status monitoring and control
• client relationship management on assignment
• communicating client requirements to the Directors
• working with the Directors on user acceptance and sign-off
7. Work with the DF Lab Manager, GRC Integration Manager, Consultancy & Training Services Manager to Lead and influence the Operations teams and work with the management of other internal teams to meet commercial and contractual obligations together with client and corporate goals and milestones, ensuring a sensible balance between internal and external stakeholder needs that impact project scope, business value, risk and resource requirements.
8. Ensure the timely, clear and accurate recording of all client interaction and
job assignment status is maintained, including the articulation of client’s expectations and any undertakings given. Drive regular monitoring and reporting of all client assignments, updating all Directors and ensuring that all key client information is recorded and maintained to Corporate Standards.
9. Identify commercial opportunities, including potential additional revenue,
arising from client/job assignments and provide effective information to the Directors and other relevant sales teams to enable the Group Companies to capitalise on such opportunities, including interacting with prospective clients during the ensuing sales process.
OTHER MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Managing, coaching and developing our Operations staff to meet agreed business
and personal objectives whilst ensuring the consistent achievement of high levels of performance.
2. Providing clear direction and feedback to Digital Forensic (DF) staff, ensuring best practice, effective processes and appropriate skills are applied.
3. Ensuring good communications and morale together with a high level of individual
motivation/commitment for,and with DF staff as well as excellent and
effective working relationships with all staff, clients and suppliers.
4. Direct line management responsibilities in line with the Company policies,
procedures and standards including but not limited to:
• Providing leadership by example in support of the Company Vision, Mission, Values and
• Attending and sometimes facilitating Management meetings and record
5. Acting as the escalation point for issues related to Operations staff, ensuring clear ownership and those items are dealt with effectively and to the satisfaction of direct line management.
6. Where the opportunity arises or is requested, provide coaching and/or mentoring
to colleagues in other parts of the organisation in order to enhance their performance and help them to achieve their development goals and objectives in line with agreed company policies and practices.
7. The Company reserves the right to vary the job descriptions in-line with business requirements.
KEY RESULT AREAS
1. Oversee InfoSec & GRC Consultancy and Training operations
2. Oversee GRC integration operations relating to our niche Software GRC solution.
3. Oversee digital forensics investigations and electronic discovery requests for
law enforcement and corporate clients, using proprietary methodologies and cutting edge forensic tools.
4. Support the Directors by communicating the progress and any issues of all assignments.
5. Maximise revenue earning in line with agreed revenue targets.
6. Customer satisfaction and stakeholder relationships
7. Strategic development of DF service portfolio and capability aligned to strategic direction
8. Assignment delivery on time, to budget and to defined quality standards
9. Team leadership and development
10. Planning, Risk identification/mitigation and Resource management
11. Achieving agreed KPI’s
12. To follow technical direction from the lab manager regarding the validated tools, policies and
procedures to be used.
13. Development and implementation of methodologies, processes and practices.
The Company reserves the right to vary the job descriptions in-line with business requirements
Influence the company and work with the management of other internal teams to
meet commercial and contractual obligations together with client and corporate goals and milestones, ensuring a sensible balance between internal and external stakeholder needs that impact project scope, business value, risk and resource requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS AND DESIRED REQUIREMENTS
1. 10 years experience within an IT Security Technical environment with experience of standards (PCI DSS, ISO 27000, ISO 31000) and practices, application software, operating systems and network security.
2. Strong management and leadership
3. A methodical, logical approach to work.
4. Appreciation of process in investigations and incident response & management
1. Knowledge and experience of operating systems: Windows, Macintosh, Linux or UNIX.
5. Must have understanding of information systems security; network architecture;
general database concepts; document management; hardware and software troubleshooting; electronic mail systems, such as Exchange; Microsoft Office applications; intrusion tools; and use of computer forensic tools.
6. Have good knowledge of PCI DSS, ISO 27000 family and other standards i.e. CVSS, UCF, OWASP
7. You must be able to oversee the coordination of investigations on compromised computers and servers.
8. Proficiency in project management and time management.
9. You will be able to articulate in written and oral communication and support the
Lab Manager, Consultants, Integrators, Trainers and the Directors.
10. Ideally with experience of delivering training courses.
11. The ability to multi-task is critical.
12. Detail-oriented, and must be able to interact with other staff and clients, in person or by phone.
13. Critical thinking, problem solving and the ability to occasionally endure long working hours is vital.
14. As a major part of the work is for law enforcement, you will have to pass an in-depth
background check to obtain a security clearance. You will be expected to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and discretion when performing your duties. This includes company confidential policies and procedures as well as material you may come into contact with through the course of your duties
My Teams Specialisms: Digital Forensics, e-Discovery, InfoSec, IT Security and BC.
For more information about this role please send your CV to:
craig.johnson @ redsnappergroup.co.uk
Red Snapper Group
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
Security Skills is a member of the Red Snapper Group. The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates. The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.
- Senior Member