New Today: 8
New Yesterday: 7
· KS – an open source bash script for indexing data
· Mobile Device Geotags & Armed Forces
· Categorization of embedded system forensic collection methodologies
· Interpretation of NTFS Timestamps
· What are ‘gdocs’? Google Drive Data – part 2
· What are ‘gdocs’? Google Drive Data
· Bad Sector Recovery
· Forensic Artifact: Malware Analysis in Windows 8
· Windows 8: Important Considerations for Computer Forensics and Electronic Discovery
EDiscovery / CF Specialist - San Diego and Houston
· $70-110k targeted (based on hourly pay rate and qualifications)
· Will perform event analysis, investigations, forensics and electronic discovery duties including forensic collection of electronically stored information (ESI) and pre-processing of collected data for legal team using a multitude of enterprise computer forensic and eDiscovery systems.
· Will work with various IT and business unit leads to ensure timely and proper handling of security events, evidence, and develop/optimize cyber incident response capabilities.
· Will provide technical incident analysis, eDiscovery forensics requests, and develop new or enhance existing applications to address cyber security capabilities.
· Will assist in specification, development, deployment, and usage of complex cyber security systems through global environments.
· Will help troubleshoot issues, support cross-organizational efforts, take part in on-call pager rotation and respond to critical situations
· Will work with team members to determine incident frameworks, requirements, direction, and system recommendations.
Skills and Experience:
· Minimum two years of experience performing event analysis, investigations, and associated forensics and ediscovery based roles.
· Minimum two years of experience implementing and supporting information systems with focus on investigation, and forensic technologies.
· Breadth of knowledge and experience in enterprise information systems including infrastructure, services, and applications
· Technical leadership skills to provide world-class information system solutions
· Strong technical skills and the ability to interact w/ senior level engineers and outside subject matter experts.
· Strong knowledge of common operating system and business application platforms with an understanding of enterprise architecture and integrations
· Should be familiar with gathering system requirements, performing process analysis, working independently, and troubleshooting complex systems.
· Strong project management and analysis skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills including forensics reports and investigation summaries.
· Excellent knowledge of EnCase, FTK, and Electronic Discovery process including developing custom scripts/functionality as needed.
· EnCase Certified Examiner (EnCE) Certification strongly desired.
· CISSP, GCFA, GCIA, GCIH, GCFE, or GCEM certification a plus.
· Law enforcement or military experience a plus.
· Preferred: Bachelor's, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering and/or Information Technology or equivalent experience
· 3-6 months with very strong possibility of extension