New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 3
· KS – an open source bash script for indexing data
· Mobile Device Geotags & Armed Forces
· Categorization of embedded system forensic collection methodologies
· Interpretation of NTFS Timestamps
· What are ‘gdocs’? Google Drive Data – part 2
· What are ‘gdocs’? Google Drive Data
· Bad Sector Recovery
· Forensic Artifact: Malware Analysis in Windows 8
· Windows 8: Important Considerations for Computer Forensics and Electronic Discovery
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Powered off Google/Samsung Nexus S
Upon powering on, the following screen appears:
"Please enter your passphrase then click "next".
Upon entering an incorrect passphrase, the following screen appears:
Whisper Systems Beta
Try Again? Reset?
Selecting 'Reset' indicates that if you continue, the phone will be wiped.
A search on Google indicates WhisperSystems was run by a 'Moxie Marlinspike', and produced something called WhisperCore, a full device encryption product for the Nexus One and Nexus S.
Has anyone encountered this?
I have tried this on a GNexus, it is exactly what you described