±Partners and Sponsors
New Today: 2
New Yesterday: 5
· Man In The Middle Attack: Forensics
· Extracting Evidence from Destroyed Skype Logs and Cleared SQLite Databases
· Windows 8 File History Analysis
· Understanding Rootkits: Using Memory Dump Analysis for Rootkit Detection
· Bitcoin Forensics Part II: The Secret Web Strikes Back
· OS X Mavericks Metadata
· Bitcoin Forensics – A Journey into the Dark Web
· Analysis Of iOS Notes App
· Forensic Software in Child Protection Cases
±Follow Forensic Focus
Internet Cache Analysis - What R U using and do you like it?
Looking to buy an internet cache analysis tool and want to see what people are having success or frustration with out there. I've used CacheBack and NetAnalysis before, but not much in the last 12 months and its hard to tell from the outside how software is really performing..... so what are you using and do you like it?
Thanks for your input...
Paul Pratley MIT, CFCE, GCFA, ENCE, QSA
Verizon Business Investigative Response
- Senior Member
Jason Pickens, EnCE, EnCEP
New York, NY
you may try to use Mandiant's Web Historian - it's a free tool and does a good job on parsing Internet artifacts. You may use it to parse local box or to parse offline files from acquired evidence (e.g. mounted LEF).
Thank you and good luck!