±Partners and Sponsors
New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 1
· Investigating the Dark Web – The Challenges of Online Anonymity for Digital Forensics Examiners
· The Complete Workflow of Forensic Image and Video Analysis
· Browser Anti Forensics
· Coming apart at the SIEMs …
· WeChat Forensics
· DFRWS Europe 2014 Annual Conference – Recap
· Considering A Career in Audio-Video Forensics? Enhance Your Prospects With Continuing Education
· Forensics Europe Expo 2014 – Recap
· Windows Logon Password – Get Windows Logon Password using Wdigest in Memory Dump
±Follow Forensic Focus
Internet Cache Analysis - What R U using and do you like it?
Looking to buy an internet cache analysis tool and want to see what people are having success or frustration with out there. I've used CacheBack and NetAnalysis before, but not much in the last 12 months and its hard to tell from the outside how software is really performing..... so what are you using and do you like it?
Thanks for your input...
Paul Pratley MIT, CFCE, GCFA, ENCE, QSA
Verizon Business Investigative Response
- Senior Member
Jason Pickens, EnCE, EnCEP
New York, NY
you may try to use Mandiant's Web Historian - it's a free tool and does a good job on parsing Internet artifacts. You may use it to parse local box or to parse offline files from acquired evidence (e.g. mounted LEF).
Thank you and good luck!