±Forensic Focus Partners
|New Today: 4||Overall: 29225|
|New Yesterday: 7||Visitors: 81|
· SADFE 2015 – Malaga 30th September – 2nd October
· Countering Anti-Forensic Efforts – Part 2
· Windows 8 Touch Keyboard Forensics
· Countering Anti-Forensic Efforts – Part 1
· Linux Timestamps, Oh boy!
· Standard Processes in Windows 10
· NAS Forensics Explained
· Project Spartan Forensics
· FT Cyber Security Summit Europe – London 22nd September
Forensic Incident Response Investigator Cambridge UK
This is a unique opportunity to join one of only a handful of globally accredited PFI companies and help to further a career in incident response, computer forensics and breach investigations.
PTP Consulting LLP is a PCI Forensic Investigator (PFI) and QSAC providing high end audit, advisory and digital forensic services to a diverse range of organisations spanning many business sectors.
This role is for an experienced consultant who has solid background in digital forensics along with understanding of one or more of the following areas: computer security, application pen testing, programming, IR, PCI-DSS QSA / PFI and business development.
This is in addition to being customer facing with a good consulting background and an ability to work unsupervised when required.
Salary and package will be dependent on previous experience and the role will be based from the Cambridge office, and will involve some travel throughout the UK.
The role will encompass all aspects of incident response, digital forensics, PCI and corporate breach investigations and more, from investigative tasks, conducting ‘on-site’ consultancy, acquisition of forensic evidence, report writing and developing new business ideas.
Alongside the above, the role will also encompass security assessments, malware analysis, litigation support, cardholder data discovery, penetration testing, code analysis, tool development, training, business development and the PCI DSS.
Where required training and hands on practical work in the areas of information security, forensics, and PCI-DSS will be provided to help build the skills required to become a successful PCI breach investigator, however this role is for an experienced forensic professional. Applicants must be flexible, proactive and able to work as part of a team and independently.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following essential qualities:
• 'Can do' attitude
• Willingness to learn and progress
• Team Work
• Problem Solving
• Communication / customer focus skills
Applicants should have experience of commercial digital forensics, and should be used to dealing with both public sector and private sector clients. General information security, operating system and application knowledge is a prerequisite of this role.
• Experience of conducting forensic imaging and acquisition of computer and storage media.
• Experience with standard forensic toolsets e.g.: EnCase, FTK, DD, WFT, Linux Forensic tools etc.
• Experience with different operating systems such as Linux / Windows / Mac Operating.
• Experience of analysing forensic evidence, report writing and the ability to communicate complex technical data to the lay person is also a must have.
• The role will also include onsite customer visits, so the applicant must have the ability to travel, sometimes at short notice and may include overnight stays when necessary.
The following skills are desirable but not essential:
• Knowledge of programming with one or more of the following languages: Perl, Python, Ruby, PHP, ASP, SQL, HTML
• Experience of infrastructure penetration testing, web application penetration testing, host based audits, configuration / code / architecture reviews
• Experience of conducting PCI DSS Audits and knowledge of the data security standard
• Malware analysis and reverse engineering
• Mobile device and mobile phone forensics and security
Please send a CV and a covering letter demonstrating why you are the right candidate and why you wish to join PTP Consulting to jobs @ ptpconsultingllp.com