±Partners and Sponsors
New Today: 9
New Yesterday: 3
· Why Offender Profiling is Changing Thanks to Mobile Forensics and Increasingly ‘Social’ Criminal Activity
· Understanding Cyber Bullying – Notes for Digital Forensics Examiners
· Investigating the Dark Web – The Challenges of Online Anonymity for Digital Forensics Examiners
· The Complete Workflow of Forensic Image and Video Analysis
· Browser Anti Forensics
· Coming apart at the SIEMs …
· WeChat Forensics
· DFRWS Europe 2014 Annual Conference – Recap
· Considering A Career in Audio-Video Forensics? Enhance Your Prospects With Continuing Education
±Follow Forensic Focus
Junior Forensic Incident Response Investigator Cambridge UK
This is a unique opportunity to join one of only a handful of globally accredited PFI companies and help to further a career in incident response, computer forensics and breach investigations.
PTP Consulting LLP is a PCI Forensic Investigator (PFI) and QSAC providing high end audit, advisory and digital forensic services to a diverse range of organisations spanning many business sectors.
This role is for a junior consultant who has good experience in digital forensics along with a strong interest, understanding or experience of one or more of the following areas: computer security, computer networking, pen testing, programming, IR, PCI-DSS QSA / PFI and business development.
This is in addition to being customer facing with a good communications skills and an ability to work unsupervised when required.
Salary and package will be dependent on previous experience and the role will be based from the Cambridge office, and may involve some travel throughout the UK.
The role will encompass all aspects of incident response, digital forensics, PCI and corporate breach investigations and more, the successful candidate will provide a number of important support roles to the team including: organisation and cataloguing of forensic evidence, performing investigative tasks, aiding in ‘on-site’ consultancy, acquisition of forensic evidence and the maintenance of support systems. This role will develop to include performing investigative tasks, conducting ‘on-site’ consultancy, acquisition of forensic evidence, report writing and developing the business.
Alongside the above, the role will covers security assessments, malware analysis, litigation support, cardholder data discovery, penetration testing, code analysis, tool development, training, business development and the PCI DSS.
Training and hands on practical work in the areas of information security, forensics, and PCI-DSS will be provided to help build the skills required to become a successful PCI breach/digital forensic investigator; this role is for enthusiastic, self-starter who has a solid computing background and experience of either (or all) computer forensics, programming, networking or security.
Applicants must be flexible, proactive and able to work as part of a team and also independently.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following essential qualities:
• 'Can do' attitude
• Willingness to learn and progress
• Team Work
• Problem Solving
• Communication / customer focus skills
Applicants should have experience of digital forensics, or a good grounding in computing, networking, pen testing or security and a good ability to learn new skills.
The following skills are desirable but not essential:
• Experience of conducting forensic imaging and acquisition of computer and storage media.
• Experience with standard forensic toolsets e.g.: EnCase, FTK, DD, WFT, Linux Forensic tools etc.
• Experience with different operating systems such as Linux / Windows / Mac Operating.
• Experience of analysing forensic evidence, report writing and the ability to communicate complex technical data to the lay person is also a must have.
• The role will also include onsite customer visits, so the applicant must have the ability to travel, sometimes at short notice and may include overnight stays when necessary.
• Knowledge of programming with one or more of the following languages: Perl, Python, Ruby, PHP, ASP, SQL, HTML
• Experience of infrastructure penetration testing, web application penetration testing, host based audits, configuration / code / architecture reviews
• Experience of conducting PCI DSS Audits and knowledge of the data security standard
• Malware analysis and reverse engineering
• Mobile device and mobile phone forensics and security
Please send a CV and a covering letter demonstrating why you are the right candidate and why you wish to join PTP Consulting to jobs @ ptpconsultingllp.com
Please include the job title in the email