±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 6
· Development of Digital Forensic Tools on Mobile Device, a Potential Area to Consider?
· Can You Get That License Plate?
· How To Decrypt WeChat EnMicroMsg.db Database?
· A guide to RegRipper and the art of timeline building
· Recovering Evidence from SSD Drives in 2014: Understanding TRIM, Garbage Collection and Exclusions
· FT Cyber Security Summit 2014 – Recap
· Why Offender Profiling is Changing Thanks to Mobile Forensics and Increasingly ‘Social’ Criminal Activity
· Understanding Cyber Bullying – Notes for Digital Forensics Examiners
· Investigating the Dark Web – The Challenges of Online Anonymity for Digital Forensics Examiners
±Follow Forensic Focus
Senior Forensic/IR Investigator (30k to 45K) Cambridge UK
This is a unique opportunity to join one of only a handful of globally accredited PFI companies and help to further a career in incident response, computer forensics and breach investigations.
Pen Test Partners Consulting LLP is a PCI Forensic Investigator (PFI) and QSAC providing high end audit, advisory and digital forensic services to a diverse range of organisations spanning many business sectors.
This role is for an experienced consultant who has solid background in digital forensics.
An understanding of one or more of the following areas will be of benefit but not essential: law enforcment forensics, computer security, application pen testing, programming, IR, PCI-DSS QSA / PFI and business development.
Salary (30k to 45K) and package will be dependent on previous experience and the role will be based from the Cambridge office, and will involve some travel throughout the UK.
The role will encompass all aspects of incident response, digital forensics, PCI and corporate breach investigations and more, from investigative tasks, conducting ‘on-site’ consultancy, acquisition of forensic evidence, report writing and developing new business ideas.
Alongside the above, the role will also encompass security assessments, malware analysis, litigation support, cardholder data discovery, penetration testing, code analysis, tool development, training, business development and the PCI DSS.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following essential qualities:
• 'Can do' attitude
• Willingness to learn and progress
• Team Work
• Problem Solving
• Communication / customer focus skills
Applicants should have experience of commercial digital forensics, either in the public sector or private sector and have knowledge of the following:
• Experience of conducting forensic imaging and acquisition of computer and storage media.
• Experience with standard forensic toolsets e.g.: EnCase, FTK, DD, WFT, Linux Forensic tools etc.
• Experience with different operating systems such as Linux / Windows / Mac Operating.
• Experience of analysing forensic evidence, report writing and the ability to communicate complex technical data to the lay person is also a must have.
• The role will also include onsite customer visits, so the applicant must have the ability to travel, sometimes at short notice and may include overnight stays when necessary.
The following skills are desirable but not essential:
• Knowledge of programming with one or more of the following languages: Perl, Python, Ruby, PHP, ASP, SQL, HTML
• Experience of infrastructure penetration testing, web application penetration testing, host based audits, configuration / code / architecture reviews
• Experience of conducting PCI DSS Audits and knowledge of the data security standard
• Malware analysis and reverse engineering
• Mobile device and mobile phone forensics and security
Please send a CV and a covering letter demonstrating why you are the right candidate and why you wish to join
PTP Consulting to jobs @ ptpconsultingllp.com