±Forensics Europe Expo

±Follow Forensic Focus

Join our LinkedIn group

Subscribe to news

Subscribe to forums

Subscribe to blog

Subscribe to tweets

How to report a computer crime: Unauthorised email access

Discussion of legislation relating to computer forensics.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

How to report a computer crime: Unauthorised email access

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:26 am

This article may be useful: How to report a computer crime: Unauthorised email account access

Do you know how to report a computer crime? Or even who you would report it to?

Well, there is no one size fits all solution - it depends on the individual circumstances and where you are in the world - but we've drawn up some scenarios that are typical of some of the crimes that any computer user, at home or work, might come across.

In the first of our series of articles on how to report a computer crime, we'll look at unauthorised email access, what offences are committed when a crime like this happens and how you should report it...

Blog: www.forensicfocus.com/blog
Twitter: twitter.com/ForensicFocus
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/jamiemorris 

jamie
Site Admin

Re: How to report a computer crime: Unauthorised email access

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:59 am

- jamie
This article may be useful: How to report a computer crime: Unauthorised email account access

Do you know how to report a computer crime? Or even who you would report it to?

Well, there is no one size fits all solution - it depends on the individual circumstances and where you are in the world - but we've drawn up some scenarios that are typical of some of the crimes that any computer user, at home or work, might come across.

In the first of our series of articles on how to report a computer crime, we'll look at unauthorised email access, what offences are committed when a crime like this happens and how you should report it...

Well, call me a cynical bastard as much as you want Shocked , but I would find preoccupying (besides being IMHO UNprobable) that the FBI or USSS would care a d@mn about a few Abigail's personal (lousy) e-mails having been read by Barry. Twisted Evil

As well I guess that "Scotland Yard" has something much more useful to do. Rolling Eyes

The Canadian Mounted Police, could be a possibility though Smile , I presume that they must find something to do in the long sunless winter hours Wink .

For no apparent reason:
verydemotivational.fil...while2.jpg

jaclaz

jaclaz

Reply to topicReply to topic

Share this forum topic to encourage more replies

Page 1 of 1