Visitors: 59

±Follow Forensic Focus

Join our LinkedIn group

Subscribe to news

Subscribe to forums

Subscribe to blog

Subscribe to tweets

Question bout cellphone security

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next 

Question bout cellphone security

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:48 pm

I had an old sony/ ericsson K750i and I started suspecting that it may contain some sort
of spyware , so I contact the police's forensics department and asked for advise
they told me that I shouldn't bother going into the trouble of having it checked
because with this class of cellphone it is way too difficult for this to happen

they also told me that , even if my cellphone had something, it would be practically impossible
to spread it into another device

I would definitely appreciate it if i could get a few comments on whether these answers are valid or not

Many thanks  

Last edited by searchlight on Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total

searchlight

Re: Question bout cellphone security

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:50 pm

I had an old sony/ ericsson K750i and I started suspecting that it may contain some sort
of spyware , so I contaced the police's forensics department and asked for advise
they told me that I shouldn't bother going into the trouble of having it checked

they also told me that , even if my cellphone had something, it would be practically impossible

I would definitely appreciate it if i could get a few comments on whether these answers are valid or not

Many thanks  

searchlight

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:13 pm

what's the point of visiting this site if nobody answers ?  

searchlight

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:41 am

- searchlight
of spyware , so I contact the police's forensics department and asked for advise

I would effeminately appreciate it if i could get a few comments on whether these answers are valid or not

Many thanks

searchlight, you may wish to post your question giving more details. You identify the mobile phone make/model in question but you have not set out why you 'suspect' this particular mobile phone may contain spyware?
ForensicMobex now MTEB Linkedin Subgroup 

Last edited by trewmte on Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total

trewmte

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:58 am

Hi Searchlight perhaps you have websites in Greece where lawyers are on standby 24 hrs a day (Including Saturday mornings) to answer complex questions within 25 minutes.

Unfortunately for you we do not work like that.

ludlowboy

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:16 am

Personally I am a bit perplexed by the:

- searchlight

I would effeminately appreciate it if i could get a few comments on whether these answers are valid or not

Shocked

Something lost in translation? Question

jaclaz

jaclaz

Post Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:45 am

- ludlowboy

Hi Searchlight perhaps you have websites in Greece where lawyers are on standby 24 hrs a day (Including Saturday mornings) to answer complex questions within 25 minutes.

Unfortunately for you we do not work like that.

Ok, I apologize ,my bad, I overreacted
It's just that I've been trying to get an answer for quite sometime now, in various forums ,and nobody cares to
supply us with a decent answer.
Even when someone decides to comment on it ,it always comes down to a blatant "no" without any explanation
while others do nothing else than post links to mobile spy software products, as if this is a valid answer.
I tend to regard this behavior as either arrogant ( "why waste time explaining ...") or ignorant ( they never have actual experience on the subject )

So when I found this site I thought that , due to it's specilized subject, at least someone would actually give
some enlightening information
Not receiving any felt ,well , let's say ,frustrating....
Anyway I apologize again and I keep on hoping....  

Last edited by searchlight on Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

searchlight

Reply to topicReply to topic

Share this forum topic to encourage more replies

Page 1 of 4
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next