More (Team India)
±Partners and Sponsors
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 2
±Follow Forensic Focus
· Browser Anti Forensics
· Coming apart at the SIEMs …
· WeChat Forensics
· DFRWS Europe 2014 Annual Conference – Recap
· Considering A Career in Audio-Video Forensics? Enhance Your Prospects With Continuing Education
· Forensics Europe Expo 2014 – Recap
· Windows Logon Password – Get Windows Logon Password using Wdigest in Memory Dump
· Windows Forensics and Security
· Samsung Galaxy Android 4.3 Jelly Bean acquisition using Joint Test Action Group (JTAG)
Page 436Back to top Back to main Skip to menu
More (Team India)
Writing in the current issue of the International Journal of Digital Evidence, UF doctoral student Mark Foster proposes a new and improved method of computer crime solving, called â€œprocess forensics.â€
â€œIf a guy walks into a bank and robs it, leaving footprints behind or his fingerprints on the counter, the forensic analyst would come in and find those traces of what happened,â€ said Foster. In the same way, process forensics merges two existing types of digital evidence â€“ intrusion-detection and checkpointing technology â€“ to give an investigator the most possible information to crack a case, said Foster, a computer science and engineering student conducting the research for his dissertation with UF professor of computer science Joseph Wilson, who co-wrote the paper.
Although computer malfunctions remain the most common cause of file loss, data recovery experts say human behaviour still is to blame in many cases.
It is based on the Knoppix 3.6 LiveCD, with some customisations and additions. Bugs identified during the testing were only minor, such as identification of hard drives transposing makes with model numbers, etc. These have all been corrected. We encourage everyone to download the CD, as it is an extremely useful tool to have, and we would appreciate all the testing and feedback we can get.