More (Team India)
±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 5
±Follow Forensic Focus
· Development of Digital Forensic Tools on Mobile Device, a Potential Area to Consider?
· Can You Get That License Plate?
· How To Decrypt WeChat EnMicroMsg.db Database?
· A guide to RegRipper and the art of timeline building
· Recovering Evidence from SSD Drives in 2014: Understanding TRIM, Garbage Collection and Exclusions
· FT Cyber Security Summit 2014 – Recap
· Why Offender Profiling is Changing Thanks to Mobile Forensics and Increasingly ‘Social’ Criminal Activity
· Understanding Cyber Bullying – Notes for Digital Forensics Examiners
· Investigating the Dark Web – The Challenges of Online Anonymity for Digital Forensics Examiners
Page 448Back to top Back to main Skip to menu
More (Team India)
Writing in the current issue of the International Journal of Digital Evidence, UF doctoral student Mark Foster proposes a new and improved method of computer crime solving, called â€œprocess forensics.â€
â€œIf a guy walks into a bank and robs it, leaving footprints behind or his fingerprints on the counter, the forensic analyst would come in and find those traces of what happened,â€ said Foster. In the same way, process forensics merges two existing types of digital evidence â€“ intrusion-detection and checkpointing technology â€“ to give an investigator the most possible information to crack a case, said Foster, a computer science and engineering student conducting the research for his dissertation with UF professor of computer science Joseph Wilson, who co-wrote the paper.
Although computer malfunctions remain the most common cause of file loss, data recovery experts say human behaviour still is to blame in many cases.
It is based on the Knoppix 3.6 LiveCD, with some customisations and additions. Bugs identified during the testing were only minor, such as identification of hard drives transposing makes with model numbers, etc. These have all been corrected. We encourage everyone to download the CD, as it is an extremely useful tool to have, and we would appreciate all the testing and feedback we can get.