Visitors: 40

±Follow Forensic Focus

Join our LinkedIn group

Subscribe to news

Subscribe to forums

Subscribe to blog

Subscribe to tweets

USIM Detective

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next 

Re: USIM Detective

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:56 pm

Try SIMIFOR, IM me if your interested. It is fully validated and beats the crap out of usim or anyother sim reading product out there. Trust me. Not only will it read ALL SIM cards, it will enable you to create a clone when the origional sim is pin locked or, if the sim is not present you can upload a base image to fool the handset and gain access. Ask anyone out there who uses it and you will receive the same response. Good luck  

webbo

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:36 pm

Im sure SIMIFOR is a decent product however I think your claims about it are probably a little bit over exagerated.

However I could be wrong. If I am I suggest you get your bosses to promote it abit more and get some free trial versions going etc as you would be on to a winner.  

danielb

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:13 pm

- Doug
....USIM Detective reports the SIM voltages, which to me seems fairly useless? ...

Well I am no expert in this field (far from it), but I am trying hard to learn more. However, just because a feature is there and you cant use it now, it does not mean it is useless. Welldone for the person who put it there. In the future this might (or might not) prove to be a useful feature (and dont ask me how, if i knew i would have made the discovery myself and got something out of it).

But the point is any sort of improvement or extra features as useless as they might look at the time, it might have great potential.

- webbo
... It is fully validated and beats the crap out of usim or anyother sim reading product out there...

I have a question just out of interest "HOW?" beating the crap out of a product.... hmmmm I cant imagine it Smile

- danielb
Im sure SIMIFOR is a decent product however I think your claims about it are probably a little bit over exagerated.

However I could be wrong. If I am I suggest you get your bosses to promote it abit more and get some free trial versions going etc as you would be on to a winner.

I couldnt agree more.  

Ranj

Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:21 am

SIM and USIM Voltages have an technical and examination relevance in forensic terms and have an evidential relevance, too.
ForensicMobex now MTEB Linkedin Subgroup 

trewmte

Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:28 am

search for simifor on the web, there you will find your answers, and yes it does what it says on the tin. I am not trying to sell this, i just want you to be aware it is out there should you want to try it or ask anyone about it. As for promoting it, i can only agree, but alas, i do not work in marketing! Good luck.  

webbo

Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:57 am

For a poster who claims:

- webbo
i do not work in marketing!

You then come out with this statement in your earlier thread using the most childish language I have seen in many a year and language totally unconnected with forensic evaluation and professional examination.

- webbo
Try SIMIFOR, IM me if your interested. It is fully validated and beats the crap out of usim or anyother sim reading product out there.

Do you work for FTS webbo? Your over-played comments give that impression.
ForensicMobex now MTEB Linkedin Subgroup 

trewmte

Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:21 am

- webbo
Trust me. Not only will it read ALL SIM cards, it will enable you to create a clone when the origional sim is pin locked or

Please explain how this is even possible? A lot of phones require the IMSI to be present on a cloned HAC card to preserve the call logs. As far as I know this is a piece of data which is secured by the PIN code and as such the cloned card would do nothing to preserve the call records (or sometimes even SMS messages) on handsets which required the correct IMSI to be present.

I'm sure the other tool manufacturers could put a seemingly useless feature in their own tools to clone the ICCID only if there was anything to gain from doing it. Lets not get into how un-forensically sound this approach may be Wink  

Coligulus

Reply to topicReply to topic

Share this forum topic to encourage more replies

Page 2 of 3
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next