New Today: 8
New Yesterday: 7
· KS – an open source bash script for indexing data
· Mobile Device Geotags & Armed Forces
· Categorization of embedded system forensic collection methodologies
· Interpretation of NTFS Timestamps
· What are ‘gdocs’? Google Drive Data – part 2
· What are ‘gdocs’? Google Drive Data
· Bad Sector Recovery
· Forensic Artifact: Malware Analysis in Windows 8
· Windows 8: Important Considerations for Computer Forensics and Electronic Discovery
Quick Erase Method DBAN
also some additional, normally unaccessible sectors will be (probably) deleted.
In any case it wiil be FASTER than DBAN.
There is AFAIK NO reliable record of anything EVER retrieved by a private company from a 00ed disk (single pass) from any "modern" hard disk (anything manufactured in the last, say 15 years), and there are serious doubts that Government Agencies may have the technology/capabilities to do so (at least with any kind of accuracy/reliability or in a reasonable time).
- In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is. -
- Senior Member
Anyway I'm glad and feeling relieved about the answers that were given in this topic. Thanks a bunch