±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 4
New Yesterday: 7
· Development of Digital Forensic Tools on Mobile Device, a Potential Area to Consider?
· Can You Get That License Plate?
· How To Decrypt WeChat EnMicroMsg.db Database?
· A guide to RegRipper and the art of timeline building
· Recovering Evidence from SSD Drives in 2014: Understanding TRIM, Garbage Collection and Exclusions
· FT Cyber Security Summit 2014 – Recap
· Why Offender Profiling is Changing Thanks to Mobile Forensics and Increasingly ‘Social’ Criminal Activity
· Understanding Cyber Bullying – Notes for Digital Forensics Examiners
· Investigating the Dark Web – The Challenges of Online Anonymity for Digital Forensics Examiners
±Follow Forensic Focus
Quick Erase Method DBAN
also some additional, normally unaccessible sectors will be (probably) deleted.
In any case it wiil be FASTER than DBAN.
There is AFAIK NO reliable record of anything EVER retrieved by a private company from a 00ed disk (single pass) from any "modern" hard disk (anything manufactured in the last, say 15 years), and there are serious doubts that Government Agencies may have the technology/capabilities to do so (at least with any kind of accuracy/reliability or in a reasonable time).
- In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is. -
- Senior Member
Anyway I'm glad and feeling relieved about the answers that were given in this topic. Thanks a bunch