±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 3
±Forensic Focus Partner Links
· SQLite Database Forensics – ‘Sleep Cycle’ Case Study
· Data Recovery As A Medium For Email Forensics
· Carving out the Difference between Computer Forensics and E-Discovery
· Forensic Analysis of SQLite Databases: Free Lists, Write Ahead Log, Unallocated Space and Carving
· How Secure Is Your Password? A Friendly Advice from a Company That Breaks Passwords
· Using SQL as a date/time conversion tool
· Forensics and Bitcoin
· Investigation and Intelligence Framework (IIF) – an evidence extraction model for investigation
· Extracting data from dump of mobile devices running Android operating system
Quick Erase Method DBAN
also some additional, normally unaccessible sectors will be (probably) deleted.
In any case it wiil be FASTER than DBAN.
There is AFAIK NO reliable record of anything EVER retrieved by a private company from a 00ed disk (single pass) from any "modern" hard disk (anything manufactured in the last, say 15 years), and there are serious doubts that Government Agencies may have the technology/capabilities to do so (at least with any kind of accuracy/reliability or in a reasonable time).
- In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is. -
- Senior Member
Anyway I'm glad and feeling relieved about the answers that were given in this topic. Thanks a bunch