±Partners and Sponsors
New Today: 2
New Yesterday: 3
· Webmail Forensics – Digging deeper into Browsers and Mobile Applications
· Operation Endeavour: The Tip of the Iceberg?
· Forensic analysis of the ESE database in Internet Explorer 10
· WhatsApp – discovering timestamps of deleted messages
· Man In The Middle Attack: Forensics
· Extracting Evidence from Destroyed Skype Logs and Cleared SQLite Databases
· Windows 8 File History Analysis
· Understanding Rootkits: Using Memory Dump Analysis for Rootkit Detection
· Bitcoin Forensics Part II: The Secret Web Strikes Back
±Follow Forensic Focus
Quick Erase Method DBAN
also some additional, normally unaccessible sectors will be (probably) deleted.
In any case it wiil be FASTER than DBAN.
There is AFAIK NO reliable record of anything EVER retrieved by a private company from a 00ed disk (single pass) from any "modern" hard disk (anything manufactured in the last, say 15 years), and there are serious doubts that Government Agencies may have the technology/capabilities to do so (at least with any kind of accuracy/reliability or in a reasonable time).
- In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is. -
- Senior Member
Anyway I'm glad and feeling relieved about the answers that were given in this topic. Thanks a bunch