±Partners and Sponsors
New Today: 9
New Yesterday: 3
· Why Offender Profiling is Changing Thanks to Mobile Forensics and Increasingly ‘Social’ Criminal Activity
· Understanding Cyber Bullying – Notes for Digital Forensics Examiners
· Investigating the Dark Web – The Challenges of Online Anonymity for Digital Forensics Examiners
· The Complete Workflow of Forensic Image and Video Analysis
· Browser Anti Forensics
· Coming apart at the SIEMs …
· WeChat Forensics
· DFRWS Europe 2014 Annual Conference – Recap
· Considering A Career in Audio-Video Forensics? Enhance Your Prospects With Continuing Education
±Follow Forensic Focus
I'm currently working with pictures of which I know that Steganography is being used. When I use the opensource tool stegdetect it tell's me exactly what methode is used to encrypt them (invisible secrets and this is correct) though the program that comes along with stegdetect (stegbreak) which is able to break some of the methodes by using wordlists for a dictionary attack doesn't work or I won't get it to work so that it breaks the encryption. (even after I added the actual passphrase to the wordlist).
If i'm right then stegbreak can't break "invisible secret", but is there any alternative out there?
- Senior Member