±Partners and Sponsors
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 2
· Webmail Forensics – Digging deeper into Browsers and Mobile Applications
· Operation Endeavour: The Tip of the Iceberg?
· Forensic analysis of the ESE database in Internet Explorer 10
· WhatsApp – discovering timestamps of deleted messages
· Man In The Middle Attack: Forensics
· Extracting Evidence from Destroyed Skype Logs and Cleared SQLite Databases
· Windows 8 File History Analysis
· Understanding Rootkits: Using Memory Dump Analysis for Rootkit Detection
· Bitcoin Forensics Part II: The Secret Web Strikes Back
±Follow Forensic Focus
I'm currently working with pictures of which I know that Steganography is being used. When I use the opensource tool stegdetect it tell's me exactly what methode is used to encrypt them (invisible secrets and this is correct) though the program that comes along with stegdetect (stegbreak) which is able to break some of the methodes by using wordlists for a dictionary attack doesn't work or I won't get it to work so that it breaks the encryption. (even after I added the actual passphrase to the wordlist).
If i'm right then stegbreak can't break "invisible secret", but is there any alternative out there?
- Senior Member