±Forensic Focus Partners
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 3
±Follow Forensic Focus
· DFRWS Europe 2015 Annual Conference – Recap
· DFRWS EU 2015 – Dublin 23rd – 26th March
· SQLite Database Forensics – ‘Sleep Cycle’ Case Study
· Data Recovery As A Medium For Email Forensics
· Carving out the Difference between Computer Forensics and E-Discovery
· Forensic Analysis of SQLite Databases: Free Lists, Write Ahead Log, Unallocated Space and Carving
· How Secure Is Your Password? A Friendly Advice from a Company That Breaks Passwords
· Using SQL as a date/time conversion tool
· Forensics and Bitcoin
I'm currently working with pictures of which I know that Steganography is being used. When I use the opensource tool stegdetect it tell's me exactly what methode is used to encrypt them (invisible secrets and this is correct) though the program that comes along with stegdetect (stegbreak) which is able to break some of the methodes by using wordlists for a dictionary attack doesn't work or I won't get it to work so that it breaks the encryption. (even after I added the actual passphrase to the wordlist).
If i'm right then stegbreak can't break "invisible secret", but is there any alternative out there?
- Senior Member