±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 1 Overall: 32897
New Yesterday: 3 Visitors: 134

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

RSS Feed Widget

±Latest Webinars

anyone Accessdata Ace Certified?

Computer forensics training and education issues. If you are looking for topic suggestions for your project, thesis or dissertation please post here rather than the general discussion forum.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next 

anyone Accessdata Ace Certified?

Post Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:48 pm

I am considering trying the Accessdata Ace Certification process. I was wondering if anyone has completed it and if so could provide some tips on how / what to study to pass the KBA and PSA portions.
Thank you  

rayp

Re: anyone Accessdata Ace Certified?

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:07 am

Do you have any other certifications? Is this going to be your examination software of choice that you will be submitting reports from? Are you paying for the training out of pocket or is an employer compensating? I do not mean to Tommy Gun questions, just what is the reason you would consider that product certification?  

douglasbrush

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:23 am

we currently use FTK and that is all we having funding to purchase. I currently have no other certifications and from reading the Accessdata website ACE certification is now free of charge. So that is why I'm considering trying to get certified. The training I've gotten so far is Accessdata's bootcamp, NW3C's basic and intermediate data recovery. So I was wondering if that is enough to give the certification a shot.  

rayp

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:36 am

ACE used to require (or at least highly recommend) the BootCamp and Windows Forensics classes, I do not see that requirement any longer.

Are you pretty comfortable working with FTK? If not there are a couple of 1 day online ACE prep classes coming up on 7/1 and 10/2.  

BitHead

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:51 am

Just remember - NOTHING is really free. They will certify you now, but you have to take THEIR classes later to keep your cert.  

miket065

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:17 pm

thanks for all of the replies. I agree that nothing is really free and Accessdata will probably require classes to stay certified, but I'm willing to take the risk to at least say that I was certified, but could maintain it based on cost. In regards to how well I know the program, I hope I'm doing well. I've processed several cases, and watched all of the webinars and on most of the cases, I've found evidence items that I was looking for.  

rayp

Post Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:56 pm

I am very curious as well. Let me ask Rayp's question again is anyone ACE certified and does anyone have any tips on training?
Beside BitHead ty for the information.  

donven

Page 1 of 3
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next