±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 3 Overall: 35980
New Yesterday: 5 Visitors: 170

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Employment, certification, and training questions?

Discussion of computer forensics employment and career issues.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

spacewrm

Employment, certification, and training questions?

Post Posted: Jun 14, 05 17:17

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone here actually has a job in the field, if there are any champlain alumni present, or any tips. I have been interested in computer forensics/internet security for some time. I have just graduated with a BS in Criminal Justice and I am enrolling in Champlain's certification program. Any tips or hints or info?
Thanks
the spaceworm  

armresl

Re: Employment, certification, and training questions?

Post Posted: Jun 16, 05 16:01

Boards like this are so valuable that to coin a commercial's phrase

they are PRICELESS

Subscribe to every computer magazine that you can.

Cpu power user, pc world, pc magazine, pda magazine, etc you will be suprised what tidbits of information you can find in there that have great real world applicability to our field.

Try to spend some time with a company where you can just watch and learn. You will get lots of information from watching a case progress from initial seizure to testifying.

Set up a test machine and anytime that you have a forensic question, try to replicate it on that machine and see what you get, then post the results to a forum for others to comment on.

I personally have found people on this forum to be very nice and helpful.

Alan B. "A man can live a good life, be honorable, give to charity, but in the end, the number of people who come to his funeral is generally dependent on the weather. " 

Page 1 of 1