±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 36618
New Yesterday: 10 Visitors: 190

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Getting Started Soon

Discussion of computer forensics employment and career issues.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

kevski

Getting Started Soon

Post Posted: Mar 02, 06 21:30

I am graduating in a couple of months with a BS/CIS degree and will also be completing the CCE certification at that time. I am exteremly interested in the computer forensics/investigation positions and I am curious as to what the starting/average salaries are. I have been having a hard time locating information regarding this. Can you provide some salary information or point me in the right direction?
Thanks for your help,
Kevin Chojnowski
kevski7 @ sbcglobal.net  

debaser_

Re: Getting Started Soon

Post Posted: Mar 02, 06 23:17

Welcome to the club. I have only saw one entry level type job for forensics posted on the net so far. I had to google for computer forensics and my city to find it on their own website. Other postings on job sites like dice seem to be for those with a few years exp in the field. Search the net for companies in your area that deal in forensics. Your degree, CCE and your passion for the subject should impress someone hopefully.

I hope you have some paid work experience in IT on your resume. Coming out of school I did not and i have felt that it hurt my chances a bunch.  

keydet89

Re: Getting Started Soon

Post Posted: Mar 03, 06 00:33

Using Monster.com, I found jobs in your area listed by Deloitte, Denmac, and Grant Thornton. These are primarily senior level jobs, but you could call and ask someone what they offer for entry level.

SimplyHired has some of the same listings, with a few additions...HotJobs has a couple of others.

Can you get any info out of your school's placement services?

Harlan  

Page 1 of 1