±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 36618
New Yesterday: 10 Visitors: 90

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

90% sure of doing the distance learning CCE course

Discussion of computer forensics employment and career issues.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

londondragon

90% sure of doing the distance learning CCE course

Post Posted: Apr 04, 06 21:09

Hello there,
I'm 90% sure of doing the distance learning CCE course with Kennesaw.edu they're in the training and education page, which kinda answers my first question.
1. Is this a good way of getting into the computer forensics field and more specifically is this course worthwhile?, has anyone is the forum done this course/ cert?.

Also I'm not an IT grad, but have 3years IT support and the A+ Cert - will this kind of background be ok?

i'm busy reading all the posts on this forum, and i know these kind of questions get asked alot - sorry guys!

cheers
londondragon  

bobby1041

Re: 90% sure of doing the distance learning CCE course

Post Posted: Apr 04, 06 22:24

I just finished the distance learning forensics course from Kennesaw and I am very happy with the training. I am in the middle of the CCE certification process right now.

You definitely need some IT experience under your belt. You sound like you have enough experience.

Go for it, I don't regret it. I feel it is better training than a software specific training course. You learn so much more than just how to operate an automated product.

Hope that helps. Smile  

londondragon

Post Posted: Apr 05, 06 18:56

thanks very much bobby, good luck with the course, i did well in the online test they give you to test your suitability - i'll let you know my final decision - should be in the summer.

how long does it take after registering with them to get started? maybe i should do all the paperwork soon.  

bobby1041

Post Posted: Apr 05, 06 19:01

Thanks.

If you do the online course then it takes less than 24-48 hours to start recieving, via email and postal mail, login info for first module and software.  

Alan

Post Posted: Apr 05, 06 20:23

Hi Londondragon,

I have recently completed this course, I am also in the process of doing the CCE certification. I found this course superb, you will even be allocated a UK tutor, I found them to be very responsive with questions and help.

A little technical knowledge will go a long way in this course; I come from a unix background and had no problem picking up the course work.

Alan

Page 1 of 1