±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 36779
New Yesterday: 2 Visitors: 186

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

How i can crack Excel_2007 file ?

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page 1, 2  Next 

gremodic

How i can crack Excel_2007 file ?

Post Posted: Sep 20, 10 18:56

Hi to all i have an Excel 2007 file protected with password....now what can i do to open this file????
I have tried with brutal attack but after 1 months i arrived at 8 characters with all symbol and nothing happened....
So after 8 charachter become a crazy mission continue with brutal force so.....i hope you can help me  

Jonathan

Re: How i can crack Excel_2007 file ?

Post Posted: Sep 20, 10 20:43

Do you have the computer the Excel file came from?

Hujarl

Post Posted: Sep 20, 10 20:53

To follow on Jonathan's question, do you have an image of the machine with the Excel file in question, or just the Excel file stand alone?

If you have the image and access to FTK, get it indexed and produce a pword list from the indexed image. Pump that into PRTK with the file, I've yet to come across a pswd that isnt cracked thatg way...

If it's the stand alone file, you can try the office rainbow table(s) with PRTK. I've found brute-forcing to be far too time consuming without a machine-graphcs card farm dedicated to the work.

Cheers!  

mekaniq

Post Posted: Sep 20, 10 23:11

www.elcomsoft.com/aopr.html

This piece of software will do it...  

gremodic

Post Posted: Sep 21, 10 13:17

Ok at the moment i don't have an image of the machine (but i can try to request) So....i have FTK 2.7v with this i can index and produce a password list? how? now i try PRTK....

Thanks a lot for help Wink  

BitHead

Post Posted: Sep 21, 10 17:26

- gremodic
Ok at the moment i don't have an image of the machine (but i can try to request) So....i have FTK 2.7v with this i can index and produce a password list? how? now i try PRTK....
If you have an image of the HDD, one of the functions of FTK is Create a Word List. You then create a dictionary from that word list in PRTK. Brute forcing an Excel password is a very time consuming process.  

gremodic

Post Posted: Sep 21, 10 17:59

ok ok just a moment i have FTK imager (freeware) you are probably talknig of the other verison....also PRTK is not freware yes? ok you think i can find somewhere an evaluation copy of this software? if i can bu sure to rescue this password i can talk with my boss and buy this....do you know about price?  

Page 1 of 2
Page 1, 2  Next