±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 36775
New Yesterday: 0 Visitors: 96

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

How i can crack Excel_2007 file ?

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page Previous  1, 2 

Muirner

Re: How i can crack Excel_2007 file ?

Post Posted: Sep 21, 10 18:07

Check out Access Data for more information about PRTK and the other decryption products by access data. Also everyone is referencing FTK the forensic platform for examinations. It's Forensic Tool Kit.

I personally use Access Data DNA with a 20-30 machine cluster including 3 PS3's. That is fast enough for all my 2007 needs Wink  

keeper

Post Posted: Sep 24, 10 02:22

The alternative would be to use online solutions but afaik they aren't free.

And I also have a question about those kind of services: Can they be used on forensic investigations ? I mean, could the evidence still be used in a court ?

BTW, if you are willing to use one here's a list (some of them are pricey):
1. passwordnow.com/
2. www.decryptum.com/
3. lastbit.com/express-recovery.asp (97-2003)
4. lastbit.com/mso2k7srv.asp (2007/2010)

Twitter List: twitter.com/liveforens...-forensics

Social Networking Search Engine: www.google.com/coop/cs...scmw8lv4je 

gremodic

Post Posted: Sep 24, 10 16:16

I don't think is a good idea to use the online service, in relations with the reserve of the evidence.....ok i have tried with PRTK but without results at this time i can only try to request the disk and try with the method of word list and after PRTK.....this software said me this is an XP/2003 excel file  

forensicakb

Post Posted: Sep 25, 10 04:38

You absolutely 100% cannot use an online service nor any service where you ship a password protected file to someone for the purpose of cracking if that file is part of a civil or criminal case.

You do not know what is in that file, several types of contraband can be embedded in which case you are disseminating, also there can be privilege claims, and many more things.  

Samuel1

Post Posted: Feb 16, 11 14:48

I have distributed password recovery software with a dozen or so computers that can average around 100,000+ passwords per second on MS Office documents. Perhaps I can help?

Send me a PM.  

Page 2 of 2
Page Previous  1, 2