±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 35140
New Yesterday: 1 Visitors: 139

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Webinars

My go to tool!

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page 1, 2  Next 

My go to tool!

Post Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:02 pm

I have been doing mobile devices now for all most 3 years. I have tried MPE+ as well as Oxygen with no success on a acquiring older legacy phones. We are now in the era of the smart phone market. iOS, Android, Blackberry making a come back, and Windows based phones. Most of what I am seeing is iOS devices and Android. I acquired a demo of Paraben's Device Seizure 6.1. While it acquires a lot of the older legacy phones this tool does a great job on acquiring smart phones as well. I acquired a iPhone 4 CDMA device iOS 6.1.3, used Device seizure did a Logical dump and acquired 2000+ files. This included deleted SMS, contacts, call history, calendar, and notes. There were some 900+ graphic files. I then did a physical dump of this phone and obtained over 70,000 files. Over 20,000 of those files were graphics. This tool grabbed an insane amount of information from the phone. Just an FYI this is a good tool you should have it in your tool box!  

drgnsdth

Re: My go to tool!

Post Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:05 pm

And your connection with the company is...?
Twitter: twitter.com/ForensicFocus
Facebook: www.facebook.com/forensicfocus 

jamie
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:20 am

OPs profile says he/she is the Tech Support Mgr for Paraben.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes  

4n6art

Post Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:44 am

Mustn't be a very good manager if they only gave him access to the demo of the tool Wink

I have to say it doesn't fill me with confidence in a company if it's own employees aren't clever enough to exclude that information when they make a fake profile to try and promote the product.  

Adam10541

Post Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:14 am

No mention of parsing 3rd party application data? Either the tool doesn't do it, or the "impartial OP" thinks that 3rd party applications aren't worth mentioning... Not a great sign either way...  

AlexC

Post Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:00 am

- Adam10541
Mustn't be a very good manager if they only gave him access to the demo of the tool Wink

I have to say it doesn't fill me with confidence in a company if it's own employees aren't clever enough to exclude that information when they make a fake profile to try and promote the product.

Well I tend to trust on their word anyone in this field making accurate statements such as:
This tool grabbed an insane amount of information from the phone.

no matter their connection (if any) to any company Wink

@drgnsdth
LOL, bro, that must be a kick-ass tool, WOW! Very Happy

jaclaz

jaclaz

Post Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:51 pm

On behalf of Paraben Corporation, I apologize for this post. The employee was not authorized to make any post let alone one of this nature. The employee has received disciplinary action. Again, I apologize and will make sure nothing like this happens again.

At least he's loyal...so he has that going for him Embarassed  

paraben

Page 1 of 2
Go to page 1, 2  Next