±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 35868
New Yesterday: 0 Visitors: 106

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Collection from Carbonite

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page 1, 2  Next 

Bulldawg

Collection from Carbonite

Post Posted: Oct 01, 13 19:02

Has anyone performed a collection from a live Carbonite account? From the web interface, I can only download a max of 1GB at a time, which is going to take a while considering there's about 500 GB in the account.  

ThePM

Re: Collection from Carbonite

Post Posted: Oct 01, 13 19:19

You might want to talk about F-Response about this. They have "connectors" to collect data from cloud-based services (Dropbox, SkyDrive, etc).

I don't believe they have one for yet for Carbonite, but there is no harm in asking.  

Bulldawg

Post Posted: Oct 01, 13 20:20

I sent F-Response a message a couple hours ago. It's very unlike them to have not replied yet, but I've heard nothing back.  

fresponse_s

Post Posted: Oct 01, 13 23:08

Sorry about the delay, it's been a bit hectic here today.

I responded to your email just a moment ago, however I figured it would be good to post this here as well.

We don't currently have support for Carbonite. Last we checked they didn't offer a programmable API such that we could access the stored records/data/etc.

However, we have gotten a number of requests for Carbonite support, and we will keep an eye on the service, should they offer an API/interface we'll get to work on finding a way to support it.

Thanks again!

Sorry for the any inconvenience the delay in response might have caused you. Don't forget, you can always use the Chatbox on our website if your request is urgent.

-M Shannon, F-Response  

Bulldawg

Post Posted: Oct 01, 13 23:45

Thanks Matt. I've always had good experiences with your support.

So, the answer is no access to Carbonite. I'm going to try downloading from their web interface and see how much I can get. They also offer to send you a drive for $175 per computer, so that might be the way I go with this client. I just hate to have someone else do the collection for me--in this case Carbonite, who I have absolutely no control over.

In an unrelated matter, we did find that Google Drive for Business has updated their administration console, so Google's own instructions don't work anymore. If you need to access a business Drive account, I can help you or Matt can help you. F-response is updating the instructions.  

fresponse_s

Post Posted: Oct 02, 13 00:27

Thanks! We appreciate the kind words.

Yes, we are working on getting that Mission Guide updated, I expect we'll have a new one up on the website tomorrow.

Update* As promised, new Mission Guide. Updated Mission Guide

Thanks again for pointing that out.

Warmest Regards,

M. Shannon, F-Response  

Last edited by fresponse_s on Oct 02, 13 19:29; edited 1 time in total

mscotgrove

Post Posted: Oct 02, 13 01:25

Speaking as a Carbonite user - are you aware that Carbonite actually saves many past versions of files. I have one file that is on (Carbonite) Version 83. I think I can download 6 of these versions, this is the original and some of the most recent. This may make your investigation a bit more interesting.

I was not aware of the 1GB limit - but it is nice to know.

Page 1 of 2
Page 1, 2  Next