±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 35538
New Yesterday: 1 Visitors: 120

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Webinars

MFC Dongle / iP-Box

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next 

mattb90

Re: MFC Dongle / iP-Box

Post Posted: Feb 18, 15 23:10

- aki35
I just purchased both and i have no idea how to use them?? can anyone help me out? now on my ip box it shows PC and i have no idea what to do do i need to log into something? any help would be appreciated my number is 708-6793423. Mark

Mark,
From my own testing, when the iP-BOX flashes "PC" you need to connect it to your PC and then using the software (which can be downloaded at fonefunshop) you have to redownload the test plan to the iP-BOX again. During my own tests it has only flashed PC if I either disconnect the phone during an unlock attack or after a certain number of attacks. This is fairly easy to resolve but you may have some trouble installing the software as it is unknown and triggers anti virus alerts.

There is a google group setup for general help with the iP-BOX & other similar forensic tools, where test results and recommended settings are also now being shared. You will also find some great user guides here.

If you search for the google group called "TeelTech Forensic ToolBox Group" you should be able to find it but please note this is not my group & you will need to request permission to join.

Hope this helps & good luck!
Matt  

sideshow018

Post Posted: Mar 21, 15 08:50

Some helpful links to support for the IP Box and the MFC tool:

WARNING:
If the iOS device you are unlocking has the “Erase Data After Ten Failed Passcode Attempts ” feature activated, the device will be wiped after the IP Box/MFC reaches 10 password attempts.

Helpful Links and Instructions –

www.teeltech.com/wp-co...ox.pdf.pdf

forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f937/

groups.google.com/foru...lbox-group

Many Thanks to Cindy Murphy for the following White Paper

www.teeltech.com/wp-co...6-2015.pdf

There are a few others out there that work well......

Also, Cellebrite will be integrating a similar tool into their kit.

Cheers,

B  

twjolson

Post Posted: Mar 21, 15 21:35

- sideshow018
WARNING:
If the iOS device you are unlocking has the “Erase Data After Ten Failed Passcode Attempts ” feature activated, the device will be wiped after the IP Box/MFC reaches 10 password attempts.

And you know this first hand? Because tests by Cindy Murphy indicate otherwise. My understanding was that the IP box kills the power to the iPhone before it can register the failed attempt.  

Ehdevlin

Post Posted: Mar 22, 15 08:38

I can say that we bought one box initially and have since bought two more for my company. I have used them a number of times and they usually work flawlessly, with the one exception being on iphone 4s. I have had several problems getting them to work on these devices. I have not had a problem with using them on 5/5s/6.

We also bought the extra adapters from the fone shop in london. Excellent service from them.

Eric.  

dan0841

Post Posted: Mar 22, 15 20:29

- twjolson
- sideshow018
WARNING:

And you know this first hand? Because tests by Cindy Murphy indicate otherwise. My understanding was that the IP box kills the power to the iPhone before it can register the failed attempt.

There were definitely some versions of iOS that we tested (iOS 7 I think) where the data will be wiped if this 'wipe' feature is set. We tested this a number of times and devices were wiping when set. This was early on when IP Box was released though.

However: the IP Box now has a feature where you can remove the battery and connect the power direct so that the phone is powered off immediately between attempts. During testing this did not wipe the device when set to wipe but I think this was on an iOS 8 device.Unfortunately I don't have all of our test data to hand.

As ever - I strongly recommend testing the hell out of it before deploying it or before taking any comments on here as verbatim (including mine!!). It is heavily dependant upon refining settings (Such as sensor sensitivity), iOS versions, phone settings and device version.

Also see similar tool but allegedly made in the US rather than China:

www.forensicfocus.com/...0/thold=0/  

WHinkle

Post Posted: Mar 24, 15 20:48

Everyone needs to check out the SV strike by Secure View
secureview.us/svstrike.html  

Deltron

Post Posted: Mar 24, 15 23:04

Page 2 of 3
Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next