±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 1 Overall: 36303
New Yesterday: 2 Visitors: 141

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Android M+ gatekeeper protected pattern/password cracking?

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

arcaine2

Android M+ gatekeeper protected pattern/password cracking?

Post Posted: Sep 23, 16 01:04

Looking for a way to decrypt/crack gatekeeper files (gatekeeper.pattern.key, gatekeeper.pasword.key) that stores both pattern and password hashes in Android 6 and up.

So far, i've found only this, but it's semi usefull. I have a pattern to crack to satisfy my own curiosity from my own phone (6.0.1 based). device_policies.xml still stores how long, or rather how many dots the pattern is in that case. Even, if i set pattern to match the one from script, hashes still doesn't match. Since this research was based on M preview something has changed.  

UnallocatedClusters

Re: Android M+ gatekeeper protected pattern/password crackin

Post Posted: Sep 23, 16 09:12

Perhaps the developer of Andriller (www.andriller.com) or the Andriller tool itself could provide you with some direction?  

arcaine2

Post Posted: Sep 23, 16 16:30

Andriller itself doesn't support these. Maybe dev is working on that, but so far nothing on his website.

On the other hand, any of those more professional forensic tools supports that? It's gonna be more common now as lot of new devices comes with M installed and we already have 7.0 and soon 7.1 on the horizon.  

Bolo

Post Posted: Oct 03, 16 21:22

We can give you Pattern or PIN from 6.x (Gatekeeper) without any problems - if you are interested contact us Wink

arcaine2

Post Posted: Oct 03, 16 23:45

I know that you're offering such service and recently added support for Android 6.x, but i'm rather interested in "cracking" it on my own having the gatakeeper files only or with a full filesystem dumped.  

Page 1 of 1