±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 32353
New Yesterday: 1 Visitors: 109

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

RSS Feed Widget

±Latest Webinars

Forensic Imger review , Pls. suggest right device

Discussion of forensic workstations, write blockers, bridges, adapters, disk duplicators, storage etc. Strictly no advertising of commercial products, please.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 

Re: Forensic Imger review , Pls. suggest right device

Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:59 am

Hi raydenvm

Yes I am well aware of great features of Atola which none of the imagers have (except Deepspar which has some of the features)
However I am looking for a standalone device which will work in onsite field imaging.
Atola will be of great use for inlab cloning.
My basic requirement is as following --

1) Create multiple copies from single source / cloning and imaging
2) SHA verification
3) Multiple disk wiping.

So I am looking for a dump imager which will clone 100% working hard disks ( for firmware level work we already have PC3000 UDMA)
We have often noticed issues with high-tech devices which are not rugged industrial grade.
They have proprietoary cables /connectors / adapters and power supplies.
In case of any issue with device either you will have to send it to manufacturer.
Sending device from asia to Europe with customs charges are so high, I can get a brand new imager in it. It will be having dense SMD and multilayer pcb which no one will be able to repair post sale / post warranty.
So we will prefer industrial grade rugged device than the one having advanced features.  

athena

Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:04 am

My original Tableau TD1 and TD2s are still functional, so they appear to be sturdily built.

The TD2u can wipe three hard drives at once, the TD2 can wipe two hard drives at once, and the TD1 can wipe one hard drive at a time.  

UnallocatedClusters

Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:01 pm

Hi UnallocatedClusters

Its good to know Faithful Tableau are working . Very Happy  

athena

Post Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:00 am

- athena
Hi raydenvm

However I am looking for a standalone device which will work in onsite field imaging.
Atola will be of great use for inlab cloning.
My basic requirement is as following --

1) Create multiple copies from single source / cloning and imaging
2) SHA verification
3) Multiple disk wiping.

So I am looking for a dump imager which will clone 100% working hard disks ( for firmware level work we already have PC3000 UDMA)
We have often noticed issues with high-tech devices which are not rugged industrial grade.
They have proprietoary cables /connectors / adapters and power supplies.
In case of any issue with device either you will have to send it to manufacturer.
Sending device from asia to Europe with customs charges are so high, I can get a brand new imager in it. It will be having dense SMD and multilayer pcb which no one will be able to repair post sale / post warranty.
So we will prefer industrial grade rugged device than the one having advanced features.

Thank you for explaining your product expectations. Yes, it looks like a cheap standalone imager would suit you the best. However, I have a feeling Atola Insight Forensic is still a viable option in this case. Look how it could be working for you:

1. Imaging from source to 3 targets in parallel. With the max speed of 500 MB/s.

2. While imaging, all free SATA/USB ports can be used for simultaneous SHA hashing or wiping.
atola.com/products/ins...sking.html

3. Atola offers Lifetime warranty for the product: atola.com/products/ins...ranty.html

4. While Atola Insight Forenic is not a standalone system, it is lightweight and is used by our clients as a field device. We also bring it to exhibitions all the time demonstrating Atola hardware unit connected to Microsoft Surface Pro. The combination of our unit and small laptop is quite close to being standalone. I carry it in a small backpack with my MacBook laptop.
This is what it looked liked at Forensic Europe Expo 2017 in London two weeks ago:

I hope I am not too promotional here. Just sincerely want to share our many years of experience. Maybe you'll find it helpful in your further market research.

raydenvm

Post Posted: Sat May 27, 2017 11:31 am

If you are still looking, have you considered the Ditto or Ditto DX from CRU/Wiebetech?

www.cru-inc.com/produc...ldstation/

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke 

pcstopper18

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2017 12:12 am

Hi raydenvm
There is absolutely no doubt Atola is far more advanced than any competitior .
I totally agree. My concern was since in my country users are not that sophisticated nor there is return on investment ( being a cost sensitive market in asia. So unlike Europe & USA earining are far less) So I will have to use product for at least 5 years and cant afford to change it very often)
Naturally I will have to prefer a device which will last long than its features. So unfortunately despite Atola being superior have to choose simple but rugged device.
Hope you will understand.  

athena

Reply to topicReply to topic

Share and Like this forum topic to get more replies

Page 5 of 5
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5