±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 1 Overall: 32774
New Yesterday: 3 Visitors: 201

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

RSS Feed Widget

±Latest Webinars

LinuxLEO Website and Training Materials - Updated

Computer forensics training and education issues. If you are looking for topic suggestions for your project, thesis or dissertation please post here rather than the general discussion forum.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

LinuxLEO Website and Training Materials - Updated

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:57 am

For those that might be interested, the guidebook and materials at www.linuxleo.com have been updated. The guide is still a beginners guide...this is not "sequel". I've started teaching again and so it was time for a refresh. Much of the material remains the same (still works), but a lot has been added, and commands and output updated as needed. The guide went from ~190 pages to just over 300 pages.

There's also a YouTube channel (empty for now...subscribe for notifications) that will mostly be used for demo videos and related stuff. Comments are welcome at bgrundy @ linuxleo.com.

Thanks,
Barry  

bgrundy

Re: LinuxLEO Website and Training Materials - Updated

Post Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:42 pm

Thank you! Nice update!

On page 93 you write: Keep in mind our previous discussion regarding write blocking. But the discussion starts later on the same page, so there is a next discussion, not a previous one.

Also, teaching examiners to trust hardware write blockers more than software ones is a bad practice (in my opinion). Some hardware write blockers run Linux too. And there are issues too (and a simple act of attaching a suspect drive to a hardware write blocker may result in write requests being sent to that drive).  

thefuf

Re: LinuxLEO Website and Training Materials - Updated

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:19 am

wow thanks...back in 2008, it helped me prepare for SANS GCFA. Smile  

ganron

Page 1 of 1