±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 34837
New Yesterday: 1 Visitors: 112

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Webinars

Hikvision DVR data recovery

Forensic software discussion (commercial and open source/freeware). Strictly no advertising.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next 

Re: Hikvision DVR data recovery

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:12 am

- Lukamo
As stated earlier, i was able to identify a hex sequence that would identify one frame.
I am merely looking to identify a hex sequence that would identify the start of a recording.

Unfortunately you won't have that when the H.264 codec is involved in the video compression. The informations for your chunks of data regarding time stamps and camera informations were stored in the index, which is gone by now.

From what I know, NeGrusti also worked on a solution for this kind of tasks, but his solution isn't public either, maybe you should try reaching him as well for some details.
Apple passcode unlock + decrypted filesystem dump, Android user locks unlock + physical dump with decrypted userdata partition. We provide our services world-wide, but we reserve the right for choosing which tasks we take and which we deny! 

passcodeunlock

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:57 am

Just a very quick summary regarding posts which may be viewed as promotional or commercial:

1. New topics created for the purpose of advertising a product, service etc. are strictly prohibited.

2. Replies to posts which make reference to a product/service which is clearly relevant to the topic under discussion are acceptable, within reason.

By "within reason" I mean that we want to balance the free flow information in the forums so that everyone can benefit from knowing about potential solutions with the need to make sure that the forums don't become a commercial free-for-all. In practice, if you sell something which you're confident can solve someone's problem then feel free to mention it but be very sure that the majority of your posts are non-commercial. If your forum usage is predominantly self-serving then that would likely be seen as going against the spirit of this site's terms of use.

This is undoubtedly something of a grey area in terms of moderation - there are personal judgments to be made which others may not agree with - but I hope the above helps to clarify things.

Jamie  

jamie
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:56 pm

Hi Jamie and thanks for your remark!
Apple passcode unlock + decrypted filesystem dump, Android user locks unlock + physical dump with decrypted userdata partition. We provide our services world-wide, but we reserve the right for choosing which tasks we take and which we deny! 

passcodeunlock

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:04 pm

Just wanted to update everyone

HX-DVR Solved the issue for us. It recovered every file along with the meta data of every recording.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in!  

Lukamo

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:54 am

When i try to visit their site, I get a Malware Warning from my BitDefender AV.  

MrMacca

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:31 am

- MrMacca
When i try to visit their site, I get a Malware Warning from my BitDefender AV.

Only as a single data point, other 66 AV engines seemingly don't:

www.virustotal.com/it/...521113431/

Should Bitdefender (and Bitdefender only) be trusted?
Or it may be a "false positive" and thus the "majority" is to be trusted?

decisions, always decisions ....

jaclaz

jaclaz

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:01 am

It is just a false positive, a visit from sandbox was harmless.

passcodeunlock

Page 2 of 3
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next