±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 36115
New Yesterday: 5 Visitors: 114

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

iCloud file access for heirs

Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page Previous  1, 2 

jaclaz

Re: iCloud file access for heirs

Post Posted: Mar 13, 18 22:01

- C.R.S.

They need a certificate of heirship that is issued by the probate court (Erbschein).

Any actual reefrence?

It doesn't seem as easy or straightforward as you put it:

www.br.de/radio/bayern...e-100.html

jaclaz

C.R.S.

Post Posted: Mar 15, 18 18:49

- jaclaz
- C.R.S.

They need a certificate of heirship that is issued by the probate court (Erbschein).

Any actual reefrence?

It doesn't seem as easy or straightforward as you put it:

www.br.de/radio/bayern...e-100.html

jaclaz

The concerns mentioned in this article do not apply to the return of digital content from Apple's cloud storage. As I understand the question, the bereaved parents neither insist on continued usage of their son's Apple account, nor want to obtain digital products which are subject to a license agreement, nor do they request access to third party communication. In that sense, digital storage service contracts are a matter of plain universal succession, unaffected by user agreements.
This doesn't mean it's easy or straightforward. The certificate is just the minimal requirement for the parents' cause. Without Apple reacting to a formally legitimate request, there is little point in speculating how difficult it could get, if Apple has a different view on the legal situation.  

jaclaz

Post Posted: Mar 15, 18 19:11

- C.R.S.

This doesn't mean it's easy or straightforward. The certificate is just the minimal requirement for the parents' cause. Without Apple reacting to a formally legitimate request, there is little point in speculating how difficult it could get, if Apple has a different view on the legal situation.

Yep, that is was I suspect Sad , that it won't be that easy.

I gave it for granted that to make a request as heir you need to proof your status of heir, i.e. that all was needed for a "formally legitimate request" has been already gathered/procured, as the same certificate will be - I believe - needed to have access to all other assets of the deceased (like bank account, property of the house if any, etc.) and to pay taxes, etc..

Fun fact - if I am allowed given the nature of the topic - in my experience it has been particularly troublesome (not a problem but a nuisance) to get rid of automatic renewal subscriptions (not only online/site ones, but also newspapers, associations, and similar), in some cases they wanted the same or more documents than the land registry.

jaclaz

Page 2 of 2
Page Previous  1, 2