±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 2 Overall: 36087
New Yesterday: 2 Visitors: 139

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Huawei Honor 7S (DUA-L22) bypass password

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Arbab

Huawei Honor 7S (DUA-L22) bypass password

Post Posted: Jul 18, 18 07:03

Hi Everyone,

I need to examine Huawei Honor 7S (DUA-L22) using OS 8.1(Oreo) with Chipset MT6739.

The device is password Protected and USB debugging is disabled. The device doesnot support by XRY, UFED, Oxygen.

I tried XRY(v7.8, UFED (7.8 ) and Oxygen (v10.3) using Similar profile, but "NO LUCK"

Any idea to do physical extraction?

Does any JTAG tools support that device?  

mshibo

Re: Huawei Honor 7S (DUA-L22) bypass password

Post Posted: Jul 18, 18 16:47

Well, since this is a secure-boot device, you will need the DA (Download Agent) which can be found in the official firmware package.
With the right DA and EFT Dongle for example, you can bypass the lock screen using SystemUI remove method which will allow you to access the phone and extract all the data out of it.  

qassam22222

Post Posted: Jul 22, 18 08:30

UnallocatedClusters

Post Posted: Jul 23, 18 22:43

Qassam22222 - Thank you for the video link.

Quick question: Do you recommend installing the EFT software on a forensic workstation that does NOT have Cellebrite and/or MOBILedit Forensic also installed? The reason I ask is that the last time I attempted to install a Chinese based "flashing" software onto a forensic workstation that was also running Celebrite and IEF, the Chinese "flashing" software wanted to take over all USB device based dongles and disabled the usage of the Cellebrite and IEF dongles.  

Page 1 of 1