±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 36317
New Yesterday: 0 Visitors: 130

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Video Recovery Software for "Dahua" video surveillance

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Arbab

Video Recovery Software for "Dahua" video surveillance

Post Posted: Jul 25, 18 13:32

Hi all, I have to extract videos from dahua DVR HDDs (WD Purple Surveillance HD, 1 TB).
We image the HD to E01 image using the forensics falcon and TD3. When we try to open image in Encase 8.0. it shows nothing.

Is it possible to read the E01 image of Dahua barnd HD in Encase.

Second any other software/ any other way to make successful image of Dahua Brand HD and able to retrieve the video's/Data.

Any other Video recovery software tools for Dahua Brand.

Thanks  

Kenobyte

Re: Video Recovery Software for "Dahua" video surveillance

Post Posted: Jul 25, 18 13:52

I had a similar case with this brand dvr i believe it has to do with the formatting of the drive its in their proprietary DHFS format. I don't believe encase would have any idea what it is. I believe hxdvr software might work not sure if there is a trial to test it but i believe a member of the forum who will probably chime in has to do with the development.

i would also maybe request a trial and test it with the salvation data product video investigation portable. If either works and its worth it might be a good addition to your toolbox.  

jaclaz

Post Posted: Jul 25, 18 14:21

As mentioned above:
www.hxdvr.com/

Supported DVR Type
  • DHFS(DAHUA DVR ),RSFS(raysharp),WFS {WFS 0.1/ WFS 0.2 / WFS 0.3/ WFS0.4}
  • hikvision,ZHILING,FS3.2,KSF,JF,Keeper, MCG,VVF,HYAV,Avtech,kouoer,Hisome,IFV D-
    max,Eagle,HBGK,BL_WAPE,Jovision,Juanvison,Tiandy,TianMin,TDFS,ZENO,IDIS,Jemsay,
    icatch,iVenaydr,STREAMING,SWANN, TP-
  • Link,Zhongl_dun,ZView,BlueSky,KSF_Dc,Uware,FHDRH
  • Acegear,Common,Novus,Tango,JVS_SV7 etc...

And yes, there is a try before you buy version available for download, cannot say what limitation it has.

jaclaz

Last edited by jaclaz on Jul 25, 18 15:42; edited 4 times in total

mcman

Post Posted: Jul 25, 18 14:23

Not sure if Dahua is supported but DME Forensics (https://dmeforensics.com/) is a great choice. They cover pretty much any video surveillance system that I've come across.

I would reach out to them for a trial or questions if you need help.

Jamie  

Arbab

Post Posted: Jul 26, 18 09:48

- mcman
Not sure if Dahua is supported but DME Forensics (https://dmeforensics.com/) is a great choice. They cover pretty much any video surveillance system that I've come across.

I would reach out to them for a trial or questions if you need help.

Jamie

Thanks Jamie,

DME Forensics works. i tested DME Forensic trail version. i got the result, but for export we need license.  

jaclaz

Post Posted: Jul 26, 18 09:59

Yesterday I had some issues with formatting my previous post and *somehow* I deleted part of it.
There is a previous related thread where there is a link to the DAHUA "in house" tool:
www.forensicfocus.com/...c/t=14334/
www.forensicfocus.com/...8/#6583768

jaclaz

soft512byte

Post Posted: Jul 26, 18 12:21

Write your e-mail in a personal message. I'll send you a demo of my software  

Page 1 of 1