±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 34731
New Yesterday: 2 Visitors: 220

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Webinars

Android Emulator

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page Previous  1, 2 

Re: Android Emulator

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:02 pm

- RonS
please only use the Emulator package that is distributed by Cellebrite and can be downloaded from Cellebrite user portal, as it is a clean version that does not include any commercial advertising.

Thanks for the clarification Ron. My comments weren't directed to Cellebrite's implementation, only to Andy in general for anyone looking to download it directly from their website. Glad to see a clean implementation for Andy or any emulator as they can be quite useful in an investigation but there's definitely some risks to using them as the developers look to make money from either ads, data leakage, or crypto mining as others have mentioned.

Jamie  

mcman

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:43 pm

The webinar was called "The Convergence of Physical & Virtual Data for Faster Discovery of Evidence" and it is on their website. If for some reason you can't access it, I can share my notes.  

greatkate8

Post Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:38 am

Thank you for the responses guys. I'm trying each of the suggestions to see which works best.  

PensiveHike

Page 2 of 2
Go to page Previous  1, 2