±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 1 Overall: 34693
New Yesterday: 0 Visitors: 234

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Webinars

Signal database decryption

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Signal database decryption

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:31 am

Hey!

I was just quickly dropping by to check if anyone has had any luck with decrypting the Signal messenger database?

I have tried using the signal2john.py script.. But I am unfortunatly not smart enough to know what the heck I am to do next.

#Signal2john.py \org.thoughtcrime.securesms\shared_prefs\SecureSMS-Preferences.xml
SecureSMS-Preferences.xml:$signal$1$4032$XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX$XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX$XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX$XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Is the output I get (Thought the X's the usual hash-value-format) and that I would like to decrypt to open up the signal.db.

Any thoughts?

Smile  

LeGioN

Re: Signal database decryption

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:53 am

Code:
# ./signal2john.py \org.thoughtcrime.securesms\shared_prefs\SecureSMS-Preferences.xml > hash.txt
# ./john hash.txt
wait...?  

AmNe5iA

Re: Signal database decryption

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:14 am

Hey! Smile

John tells me that no passwordhashes are loaded.. So think something might be missing in my rather excelent plan of getting out the content of the database :@  

LeGioN

Page 1 of 1