±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 34731
New Yesterday: 2 Visitors: 260

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Webinars

Cranfield - Worth the money?

Computer forensics training and education issues. If you are looking for topic suggestions for your project, thesis or dissertation please post here rather than the general discussion forum.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 

Re: Cranfield - Worth the money?

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:33 am

It absolutely is worth every penny. It's a six week course crammed into two weeks residential course. The lecturers are among the best in their field, former Police Detectives that we at the very beginnings of Computer Forensics.

The venue was at the Defense Academy in Shrivenham and I must say that it was a fantastic site with students from GCHQ, Military, Law Enforcement and people like myself from the commercial sector.

After two weeks of long hours you need a few months to fully absorb what you have learnt but I don't think you could have wanted more from a superb course,  

rhall47

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:27 pm

- finbarr
It's worth having another look at Cranfield - the MSc course is kept updated with some of the older modules being dropped and new ones created. The prices have revised downwards to be much more competitive with other courses too. I believe you can do the full three years for around 7~8 thou now.

- rhall47
It absolutely is worth every penny. It's a six week course crammed into two weeks residential course. ....,

@rhall47
I have the feeling that 9 years after the (quoted) last before yours post, the course is somehow different ... or you are talking of *something else*.

jaclaz

jaclaz

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:22 am

- jaclaz
- finbarr
It's worth having another look at Cranfield - the MSc course is kept updated with some of the older modules being dropped and new ones created. The prices have revised downwards to be much more competitive with other courses too. I believe you can do the full three years for around 7~8 thou now.

- rhall47
It absolutely is worth every penny. It's a six week course crammed into two weeks residential course. ....,

@rhall47
I have the feeling that 9 years after the (quoted) last before yours post, the course is somehow different ... or you are talking of *something else*.

jaclaz

Is it just me jaclaz.. Or does it seem that the marketing department at Cranfield is trying to recruit new student through here every now and again? Razz

Not very consistent but still a sudden messages of "Cranfield is the best there is". Razz  

LeGioN

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:54 am

Just as a further note - it should be considered that a lot of people ( myself included ) who went to Cranfield studied under Brian Jenkinson and Tony Sammes who had created the course.

They left Cranfield for DeMontfort some years back where there is also a distance learning MSc in Forensic Computing ...

I can't comment on the course now, but I do know that it was largely the knowledge and skill of the gentlemen above that made the course what it was then.

azrael

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:11 am

- azrael
Just as a further note - it should be considered that a lot of people ( myself included ) who went to Cranfield studied under Brian Jenkinson and Tony Sammes who had created the course.

They left Cranfield for DeMontfort some years back where there is also a distance learning MSc in Forensic Computing ...

I can't comment on the course now, but I do know that it was largely the knowledge and skill of the gentlemen above that made the course what it was then.

As far as I'm aware, Brian and Tony have now left DeMontfort as well after the universitydecided to stop running the course.  

engdan

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:40 pm

- LeGioN

Is it just me jaclaz.. Or does it seem that the marketing department at Cranfield is trying to recruit new student through here every now and again? Razz

Not very consistent but still a sudden messages of "Cranfield is the best there is". Razz

I believe it is just you Shocked , the posts on this thread seem to me (if not all, at least most) perfectly legit/honest/not-coming-from-the-marketing-department-of- Cranfield.

What is surprising/queer to me is that everyone seems to be talking of different courses (besides different periods/different professors which is understandable in thirteen years or so).

This vagueness is IMHO desthpicable[1], particularly if coming from digital investigators, i.e. people that - by education and by trade - should have exactness and accuracy among their first values.

jaclaz

[1] memecrunch.com/meme/C2...00&c=1

jaclaz

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:26 pm

The Cranfield course is currently suspended:

The MSc in Digital Forensics is currently suspended for 2018/19. The course will be undergoing a review during 2018/19 and subject to approval will re-launch with a new syllabus in 2019/20. This webpage will be updated in due course but if you want to be advised when that happens please submit an enquiry and we will advise you when the page is updated.

www.cranfield.ac.uk/co...-forensics

Jim  

JimC

Page 3 of 3
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3