±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 1 Overall: 35119
New Yesterday: 3 Visitors: 201

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Webinars

Tablet Huawei MediaPad T3 7 (BG2-W09) MTK Hack

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Tablet Huawei MediaPad T3 7 (BG2-W09) MTK Hack

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:27 am

Greetings!

I have Huawei Tablet model BG2-W09 (MediaPad T3 7) with Android 6.0 and locked bootloader.
I have full access to it but it would be nice if I can create physical image.

Based on gsmarena www.gsmarena.com/huawe...0-8635.php
it is Mediatek MT8127 so I used MTK Hack option in ME Forensic Express but it failed
Screen:
imgur.com/a/Gxu8h4q
Log:
imgur.com/a/lCJ9mid

I dont know it is because of locked bootloader or because it doesn't have correct DA.

Then I was trying to use the SP Flash Tool but I need the scatter file from my firmware BG2-W09C100B008 which I couldnt find (firmware).
I used Firmware Finder which find only similar versions but it is only Update (OTA-MF). I need full firmware in order to get scatter file.
Screen:
imgur.com/a/V7AFyei

So I used MTK Droid Tool to extract scatter file from my existing firmware but it also fails (it looks like it couldnt create blocks map)
Screen:
imgur.com/a/nQYk9zh

Any thoughts ? Smile  

Thomass30

Re: Tablet Huawei MediaPad T3 7 (BG2-W09) MTK Hack

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:08 pm

Most likely missing correct DA. From what i see, firmware files to spflashtool are nowhere to be found. FRP bypass method uses fastboot and server and only Furious seems to have working DA in their software. Furious also supports reading full dump but it's for backup only and those dumps are password protected. You'd have to ask them if they'll provide you with a password. Userdata will likely be encrypted anyway.

You can also try more generic software like Infinity, Miracle etc, but i only saw some older reports on gsmhosting with no success.  

arcaine2

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:45 pm

Thanks for clues.
The device isnt encrypted.
I tried Miracle without luck.  

Thomass30

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:04 pm

Here you find firmwares for BG2-W09

https://easy-firmware.com/index.php?a=downloads&b=folder&id=25978

Because this file is "exclusive" for registered customers
I downloaded firmware for you Wink

https://www.dosyaupload.com/enlO

hope this will help you Wink

greets  

zicke2

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:20 am

If everything fails, since you got full access to the device, use HDB to create a backup of the device. If it is not installed by default, install it from and apk Smile The HDB backup will not contain everything compared to a physical dump, but at least you can extract the application data as well...
Apple passcode unlock + decrypted filesystem dump, Android user locks unlock + physical dump with decrypted userdata partition. We provide our services world-wide, but we reserve the right for choosing which tasks we take and which we deny! 

passcodeunlock

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:32 am

@zicke2 Thank you very much.

@passcodeunlock. I did this backup already before I started this thread : ). Just want to try recover deleted media.  

Thomass30

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:52 pm

@zicke2, this type of firmware file won't help. This is only meant to be used as an SD card update. What's needed here is Huawei "repair" firmware with standard MTK stuff like scatter file, preloader, spflashtool and most importantly, working secure download agent binary.  

arcaine2

Page 1 of 1