±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 35868
New Yesterday: 0 Visitors: 125

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Huawei P8 Lite (ALE-L21) bootloader unlock

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page Previous  1, 2 

AdamLawler

Re: Huawei P8 Lite (ALE-L21) bootloader unlock

Post Posted: Dec 27, 18 12:19

@TinyBrain
You are absolutely right. I apologize for stupid question. It wont happen anymore.

I checked this tools and read some articles and it looks like I have to pay to unlock bootloader.

I have to pay for feature that in another devices are cost-free. Shocked

Thank you for all the infos  

arcaine2

Post Posted: Dec 27, 18 18:21

- AdamLawler

So unlocking bootloader on this model (ALE-L21) doesnt wipe any data even if the device has Android 6 and Security Patch from 2018 right ?

From what i know and tested, yes, at least up to B634 firmware which would be March 2018.

Does any of this tool you mention is free to get BL code? I need to root the device so first I have to unlock BL.

Tools i mentioned no. With DC-Unlocker or HCU you don't have to buy the dongle itself. You can just register and pay for a single service. Those tools are not meant to replace Huawei bootloader unlocking service. They just allow you to bypass it and back then, nobody knew Huawei will shutdown it's own bootloader unlock option.

There is an alternative, free way but this require you to downgrade the phone, root with available tools, extract bootloader unlock code and then do whatever you need.  

Thomass30

Post Posted: Dec 27, 18 18:29

@AdamLawler
If you manage to unlock BL and root the device successfully without lose any data give us a word.  

AdamLawler

Post Posted: Dec 27, 18 21:54

This alternative method to downgrade to Android 5 and root with Kingoroot sounds nice but does it erase user data ?
It contains firmware flashing so it probably delete all user data, Yes?
Did you test this method ?  

arcaine2

Post Posted: Dec 28, 18 22:30

- AdamLawler
This alternative method to downgrade to Android 5 and root with Kingoroot sounds nice but does it erase user data?

Yes, it will wipe all data. Downgrade option can be used only if you need to extract bootloader unlock code, let's say you use the device/need to test something and need to have root on Android 6.

If you need the data and you're on Android 6, either pay for a service, buy unlock code from 3rd party or ask someone who has a dongle. You can also ask Huawei support. Worst case scenario they either say "no" or won't reply at all.  

AdamLawler

Post Posted: Dec 28, 18 23:03

Thanks Arcaine2

I have read a little and this is what I am going to do:
Data are important so
I will unlock bootloder using ADB and the Code I will pay for
Then I will flash TWRP and install Magisk to root

I hope this bug works on this model and i dont lose data during unlocking process.  

Arbab

Post Posted: Dec 31, 18 06:52

UFED4PC support physical extraction of Huawei P8 Lite (ALE-L21). You may also try Huawei Generic profile..  

Page 2 of 2
Page Previous  1, 2