±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 36125
New Yesterday: 1 Visitors: 127

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Samsung Galaxy Tab A6

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page 1, 2  Next 

AGP_Analyst

Samsung Galaxy Tab A6

Post Posted: Mar 12, 19 16:28

Hello,

I've a Samsung Galaxy Tab A6 (SM-T858) that I'm attempting to get a extraction from however physical methods via a UFED Touch 2 have failed stating they can't establish a connection.

When I attempt to boot the tablet it gets stuck on the loading screen and shows "CRTICAL: CMDLINE include invalid parameters". Also oddly the device turns it's self on when plugged in to a power source and won't turn on unless connected.

Any ideas would be appreciated?  

passcodeunlock

Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab A6

Post Posted: Mar 13, 19 08:54

Is your device open or user locked ?!

If it is open, I suggest you to update the ADB drivers on your workstation, set the USB communication to MTP, then try again.
Apple passcode unlock + decrypted filesystem dump, Android user locks unlock + physical dump with decrypted userdata partition. We provide our services world-wide, but we reserve the right for choosing which tasks we take and which we deny! 

AGP_Analyst

Post Posted: Mar 13, 19 10:05

I believe the device is user locked, and I've been provided the code however the device doesn't actually boot into the OS it just gets stuck on the loading screen with Samsung/Android logos.

So I wouldn't be able to change any USB settings.  

passcodeunlock

Post Posted: Mar 13, 19 10:09

Most probably you got a device with boot loop or something similar, which can be caused by previously wrong boot or recovery flash processes.

Enter with key combo recovery mode, then choose Reboot to system. This might exit the current stalled mode.

* Corrected typo mistake
Apple passcode unlock + decrypted filesystem dump, Android user locks unlock + physical dump with decrypted userdata partition. We provide our services world-wide, but we reserve the right for choosing which tasks we take and which we deny! 

AGP_Analyst

Post Posted: Mar 13, 19 14:22

The device doesn't appear to want to go into recovery mode. I believe the button combination is PWR + Volume Up + Home which doesn't do anything. The device also doesn't want to power off unless it runs out of battery

I can force the device to restart via PWR + Volume Down but it get stuck on the same screen.  

AGP_Analyst

Post Posted: Mar 13, 19 14:40

Reached out to Cellebrite Technical support, and they suggested using the Samsung Exynos Recovery tool which has worked.  

passcodeunlock

Post Posted: Mar 13, 19 14:42

So now is all fine and you can do the physical acquisition ? Give us a feedback...

Page 1 of 2
Page 1, 2  Next