±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 36231
New Yesterday: 0 Visitors: 172

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

WTB: Cellebrite dongle or services

Sell your old stuff here or post requests for things you want. STRICTLY PRIVATE ADS ONLY.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next 

jaclaz

Re: WTB: Cellebrite dongle or services

Post Posted: Mar 26, 19 10:50

I guess they slipped here:

As part of Cellebrite’s inventory control process we need to ensure that our products are only used by the original owner.

First thing noone (except Cellebrite) cares about the "inventory control process", but more than that they called the licensee "owner".

The moment someone is an owner, he/she has the ownership on the thing:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ownership

Ownership is the state or fact of exclusive rights and control over property, which may be an object, land/real estate or intellectual property.

As well:

As a reminder, selling or distributing any of your Cellebrite equipment to other organizations is not permitted without written approval from Cellebrite.

not permittted by whom?

While the intellectual property of the software surely remains to Cellebrite, the actual physical device has been sold and they themselves call the one that purchased it "owner".

BTW they could well lease/rent the equipment instead of selling it, then they could have valid legally binding clauses prohibiting the selling or distribution of the thingy.

jaclaz

passcodeunlock

Post Posted: Mar 26, 19 13:23

- tintweezl
This one has no case and the cables and tip kits are not totally complete, but close. License expired in 2017 which is a pretty good find and it’s tested. It’s my last one AND best one because it is loaded with modules: physical extraction, logical, passlock, sim, a ton more. Most just have physical extraction with no analysis.

$2250

Never buy anything form this seller, he is a fraudulent crook!

He tried to sell me an expired UFED 4PC kit, but he kept the dongle. A case is already started against him for his fraudulent activity.
Apple passcode unlock + decrypted filesystem dump, Android user locks unlock + physical dump with decrypted userdata partition. We provide our services world-wide, but we reserve the right for choosing which tasks we take and which we deny! 

tintweezl

Post Posted: Mar 26, 19 14:45

This guy is from Hungary and indeed I did sell him, for $1000 I believe, a UFED4PC Kit. There was a dongle with it that I incorrectly assumed was a license dongle. I had no way to check and was not aware of Bluetooth dongles included in the kits, which it was. Months after it was sent, this gentleman told me he wanted a refund for the equipment because the dongle was not a valid license dongle. I never claimed it had a valid license dongle, I suggested it was a license dongle but I would not have imagined it would be current. This was a federal govt Dept of Homeland Security surplus device.

At any rate, I said if he returned it I would reimburse. He refused. Then he filed a PayPal complaint who found in my favor. I then contacted some people and found a buyer for his unit. I said I will refund all $ AND pay for return international shipping if he sends it back. I also offered to use escrow.com to hold funds so he is guaranteed the money when I receive product back.

He then gave me some story that the device was with the police because he is going to have me arrested on an international warrant. The police have it? Only if he sold it to then for their forensic investigators to use.

The offer still stands. I will refund all money -plus $100- and pay return shipping with escrowed funds if you return what I sent you. The buyer knows that the dongle is just Bluetooth and only wants the kit itself with cables, tips, connectors, etc. He knows there is no license dongle.

I can give dozens of international and domestic references for items $1000 and up, some who paid with bitcoin and always got what I offered or were given reasonable alternatives. Suggesting I refund him while not receiving back the device is not reasonable.  

passcodeunlock

Post Posted: Mar 26, 19 16:53

- tintweezl
Months after it was sent, this gentleman told me he wanted a refund for the equipment because the dongle was not a valid license dongle.

I reported back the missing dongle the very first day when I got the package, but you were trying to avoid any communication for months.

- tintweezl
I never claimed it had a valid license dongle,

You claimed having the dongle, also you uploaded pictures of the UFED 4PC kit including the dongle to blackbug.com.

- tintweezl
At any rate, I said if he returned it I would reimburse. He refused. Then he filed a PayPal complaint who found in my favor.

After PayPal took my complaints, I got a request from you to send the package to Yemen, which I refused. Maybe you ship things even to possible terrorists, but we don't.

- tintweezl
He then gave me some story that the device was with the police because he is going to have me arrested on an international warrant. The police have it?

The package is indeed in custody.

- tintweezl
The offer still stands. I will refund all money -plus $100- and pay return shipping with escrowed funds if you return what I sent you. The buyer knows that the dongle is just Bluetooth and only wants the kit itself with cables, tips, connectors, etc. He knows there is no license dongle.

You kept the dongle back on purpose. You also admitted in email that you have the dongle, and you were "willing to trade", but I "hurt your feelings".
Apple passcode unlock + decrypted filesystem dump, Android user locks unlock + physical dump with decrypted userdata partition. We provide our services world-wide, but we reserve the right for choosing which tasks we take and which we deny! 

Last edited by passcodeunlock on Mar 27, 19 06:42; edited 1 time in total

jaclaz

Post Posted: Mar 26, 19 20:19

- passcodeunlock
... I got a request from you to send the package to Yemen, which I refused. Maybe you ship things to terrorists, but we don't.

Hmmm, are all people in Yemen terrorists or the package was to be sent to someone that you knew for sure as being a terrorist?

jaclaz

passcodeunlock

Post Posted: Mar 27, 19 06:49

@jaclaz: I rephrased and I apologize, not only from people from Yemen, but from everybody. My intention was to point out what this "seller" does, not to harm the feelings of anybody else.

jaclaz

Post Posted: Mar 27, 19 09:22

- passcodeunlock
@jaclaz: I rephrased and I apologize, not only from people from Yemen, but from everybody. My intention was to point out what this "seller" does, not to harm the feelings of anybody else.

Well, IMHO your rephrasing is possibly worse than the original, if I were from Yemen I would still be much pissed off by it.

On second thought, what can one[1] expect by someone possibly Wink with a moustache (and a horse) eating paprika and fat in a far too heated house, daily dedicated to finding loopholes, complaining and arguing? Shocked
dailynewshungary.com/s...ungarians/

Mr. Green

jaclaz

[1] possiby wearing a moustache as well, eating pizza AND spaghetti on a white-red checkered table cloth, busy gesticulating and shouting while watching a football match and thinking how to avoid taxes ...