±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 35894
New Yesterday: 0 Visitors: 154

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Oxygen Forensics , XRY or Cellebrite - Which one is better?

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page Previous  1, 2 

Feature rich mobile forensic software

5%

10%

85%

Total Votes: 40

ThePM

Re: Oxygen Forensics , XRY or Cellebrite - Which one is bet

Post Posted: May 27, 19 15:14

Resurrecting this post.

Calling out to you guys who answered that Cellebrite is better than the other solutions. What makes it better than the other solutions?

I'm a big fan of Cellebrite products. However, my judgement may be biased as UFED is the only solution I have access to in my current job's lab . I haven't played around with XRY in like 4 years and briefly used Oxygen only during SANS training.

Any insights from people who used multiple solutions would be appreciated.

Thx  

redcat

Post Posted: May 27, 19 19:56

Cellebrite is easier to work with, seems to support more devices, and has better reporting capabilities. If I had to choose a single mobile forensic tool it would always be Cellebrite. That said, the other tools often get the job done, I have just found that Cellebrite does so more reliably.  

fissa

Post Posted: May 30, 19 10:45

I'd also suggest getting two at least. Best to 'attack' or 'approach' a device with two or more tools to get the best result. I'd say Cellebrite is indeed the best at the moment.  

passcodeunlock

Post Posted: May 30, 19 20:39

It depends what is your primary task. If you need to brake a user lock or do a decrypted acquisition, use chipset factory tools, Cellebrite UFED, Oxygen Forensics, Mobiledit Forensic Express Pro, or Belkasoft Evidence Center for social media mostly.

If you need to analyze data, go with Oxygen Forensics or Mobiledit Forensic Express Pro. Both are very good grown up tools for analysis. In many cases you can extract more data with these then with any competitors.

Combining the tools / vendors would be the best option to raise the amount of data you can gather.
Apple passcode unlock + decrypted filesystem dump, Android user locks unlock + physical dump with decrypted userdata partition. We provide our services world-wide, but we reserve the right for choosing which tasks we take and which we deny! 

the_Grinch

Post Posted: May 31, 19 13:08

If you're trying to bypass passcodes on Android Cellebrite is your best bet hands down. I use XRY heavily and it does have some advantages, but if you don't have the passcode XRY won't be able to help you (for the most part...they do have some tricks).

I will say I like the use of XRY's Generic Android extraction and while the reporting could be better there is some logic in how they do it. Also, Photon is top notch to be sure! Being able to get WhatsApp as long as you can view it on the device makes a huge difference. I don't have access to Cellebrite enough to know if they offer something similar though.  

Page 2 of 2
Page Previous  1, 2