±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 3 Overall: 36017
New Yesterday: 10 Visitors: 154

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

LG K9 LM-X210EMW how to enter EDL mode?

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

ih8rain

LG K9 LM-X210EMW how to enter EDL mode?

Post Posted: Jul 05, 19 09:32

I'm trying to enter EDL mode on LG K9 LM-X210EMW, it's based on Qualcomm Snapdragon 8909, so I assumed that I need to join two pinpoints and hook up battery. Do you have any experience with entering EDL on that device?

deeFIR

Re: LG K9 LM-X210EMW how to enter EDL mode?

Post Posted: Jul 17, 19 07:38

Do you have a battery for the phone?

You could try CMD/GRND.

Otherwise connect a charged battery, connect a micro USB cable to your forensic machine. Press and hold Volume Down and connect micro USB cable. See if it enters download mode. If not, try Volume Up instead.  

Kenobyte

Post Posted: Jul 17, 19 13:45

Can you post the FCCID?  

passcodeunlock

Post Posted: Jul 18, 19 06:22

@ih8rain: and if you enter EDL mode, then what ? The userdata partition is encrypted by default.

Which model do you have (Global or USA) ?

What version of Android is it running (Android 7.1.2 by factory or flashed with something newer) ?

You should check with Cellebrite if the device is supported for decrypted file-system acquisition on the fly.
Apple passcode unlock + decrypted filesystem dump, Android user locks unlock + physical dump with decrypted userdata partition. We provide our services world-wide, but we reserve the right for choosing which tasks we take and which we deny! 

dbfonseca

Post Posted: Aug 14, 19 10:48

My recommendation is try find schematic of this device (Eletrical parts).
Search close Emmc and CPU the line "CMD". This line have always one resistor of 10k ohms conected to 1.8v line.
If you find the resistor, you found CMD to put in EDL mode!

Any doubt call me!  

Page 1 of 1