±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 4 Overall: 36205
New Yesterday: 1 Visitors: 144

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Imaging Trouble with GT-S7560 with Android 4.0.4

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page Previous  1, 2 

watchhimrn

Re: Imaging Trouble with GT-S7560 with Android 4.0.4

Post Posted: Oct 11, 19 07:49

I've tried Magnet Axiom downloaded on Apknite, it worked.  

fissa

Post Posted: Oct 13, 19 06:59

- watchhimrn
I've tried Magnet Axiom downloaded on Apknite, it worked.

What is Apknite? I have acces to axiom as well..  

nsumer

Post Posted: Oct 14, 19 13:48

- passcodeunlock
1. if allowed, root the device manually and do the physical acquisition - since the temporary rooting process from UFED 4PC works on the 4.0.0 firmware, but it was patched already in 4.0.4 Smile

2. get the original stock firmware for safety/backup reasons and then flash TWRP recovery, boot in recovery mode, fire up a shell, create the physical dump of the /dev/block/mmcblk0 to a microSD card or some OTG attached pendrive using dd, when done, import the dump in UFED Physical Analyzer doing Open Advanced and choosing your device template. After the whole process is done, flash back the original recovery to the device.

3. JTAG/ISP is a good solution, non-destructive, but some hardware is needed

4. if nothing worked, create logical acquisitions for having most of the data, then do a chip-off

Don't blame me if you brick the device Smile All the previous things should be done on a dummy device first! If you get the desired results, then repeat the working procedure on the real device.

No blame at all and also thanks for the info in the bullet one especially. I ll inform the customer about bricking possibilty and procedd accordingly.  

bartekdre

Post Posted: Oct 24, 19 20:21

Today I made a physical dump of this model with XRY Complete.

UFED version 7.24 says that it can only through ADB but my tested phone has a damaged touch screen and it is impossible to enable USB Debugging.

You can also do root (kingoroot) and then perform UFED extraction via ADB or install TWRP and dump userdata using netcat.  

Page 2 of 2
Page Previous  1, 2