±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 4 Overall: 36205
New Yesterday: 1 Visitors: 194

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Discovery software recommendation

Forensic software discussion (commercial and open source/freeware). Strictly no advertising.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

max_lagomorph

Discovery software recommendation

Post Posted: Oct 15, 19 20:42

Hello everyone!

I'm looking for recommendations on software for searching and reviewing documents for corporate investigation cases. We already use FTK, but a lot of times we hire external help for reviewing.

I'm responsible for most of the collection and processing, using FTK, that will be later reviewed by the legal department or external consultants. What software would you recommend that is easy to install (or doesn't require installation, like network use), easy to use (most lawyers can barely type with 2 fingers) and has at least basic searching functionalities. They would basically have to go through a list of files and flag anything useful or suspicious, nothing fancy. And most importantantly, that won’t cost us much!

We mostly deal with e-mails and PSTs, but also MS office docs, PDFs and other common file formats any average business user would have.

I’d really appreciate any insights.

Thanks!  

deeFIR

Re: Discovery software recommendation

Post Posted: Oct 17, 19 01:17

Intella is pretty good for your requirements. Do you need a package which supports multiple reviewers, tagging documents, OCR, etc?  

Angel.7

Post Posted: Oct 17, 19 02:26

.... Intella

Has searching capabilities that allow users to go through a list of files and flag anything useful or suspicious.

It is also easy to install, use, and is totally affordable.

It's always good to learn about software I haven't used yet. Will definitely keep it in mind. Thanks.  

EugeneBelk

Post Posted: Oct 17, 19 15:30

You can try Belkasoft Evidence Center: it supports analysis of the files you mentioned as well as many other types of files and devices.
The data you extract can be subsequently analyzed and a connection graph can be built.
The case data can further be uploaded to a Portable Case which is easy to assess and look through when it comes to your clients.
Here is how such a graph may look like:

max_lagomorph

Post Posted: Oct 18, 19 14:08

Intella looks promising! Apparently it has all the features I need, several different solutions, plus I really like their licensing model. I'll download the trial version and tell you later what I find.
Thank you for the recommendation!  

Page 1 of 1