±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 36317
New Yesterday: 0 Visitors: 162

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Cellebrite PA supports Remote Desktop Access

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 

jaclaz

Re: Cellebrite PA supports Remote Desktop Access

Post Posted: Nov 29, 19 13:14

- Rich2005
I imagine the nub of it is why would Cellebrite allow multiple users free?
Essentially you're just enabling cloning/sharing of the dongle meaning you could have one user working on the dongle locally and one (or more - if other solutions work) remoting in and using PA free without payment for additional licence(s).
I assume that would be their logic and if it's not that they'd think why not take the dongle with you...
$500 seems quite cheap for what amounts to an additional user (assuming this works and can be configured).

Well, the point should be amount of concurrent users.

If you are here, you aren't there and if the OP is working at home he is not in the office.

Idea Idea

We could organize an Uber/Deliveroo for dongles Shocked (but enhanced with ML and AI on the cloud) using drones.

jaclaz

ErminM

Post Posted: Nov 30, 19 03:08

I imagine that the licensing is the reason for the restriction and that is why I put up with it for so long.
We actually were promised that the restriction will be removed years ago but that is another story.
In any case, any other software with dongle happily works RDP or not.

If Cellebrite does not want multiple users on a dongle I can see that but they are not checking for multiple users but strictly for RDP.
It should be their burden to ensure that licensing restriction does not interfere with intended and paid for use of single user on a single computer, not mine. We certainly do not run multiple users on workstations.

PS I would be shocked if Cellebrite actually meant that $500 allows multiple concurrent users...

Cheers!

- Rich2005
I imagine the nub of it is why would Cellebrite allow multiple users free?
Essentially you're just enabling cloning/sharing of the dongle meaning you could have one user working on the dongle locally and one (or more - if other solutions work) remoting in and using PA free without payment for additional licence(s).
I assume that would be their logic and if it's not that they'd think why not take the dongle with you...
$500 seems quite cheap for what amounts to an additional user (assuming this works and can be configured).

chad131

Post Posted: Dec 02, 19 16:39

I'm going to jump in late here with my 2 cents. This is likely an issue with the type of dongle. Cellebrite uses HASP SRM dongles.. they do not work over RDP without a network license. You'll have the same issues with EnCase if you have the older purple dongles (i.e. before they moved to CodeMeter). In order for HASP to work over RDP, you need a network license, which companies usually charge extra for. Just use some other remote access software if you need to access remotely.  

the_Grinch

Post Posted: Dec 04, 19 20:54

I'd also point out that they would be responsible to support you if you ran into issues. So you're asking that they support your ability to remotely use the software via a means of your design. To me that says now when you call with a problem they had to first begin with troubleshooting whether you issue is related to RDP or network problems. If that's the case I too would require you utilize remote software that has been tested and can be supported.

The other side is I'm pretty sure you are in the minority when it comes to wanting to work with the software remotely. I know most places have a policy against their forensic workstations being connected to a network at all. So as a software developer I wouldn't extend myself too much for one client when majority of my clients aren't requesting a feature.  

jaclaz

Post Posted: Dec 05, 19 09:34

- the_Grinch

The other side is I'm pretty sure you are in the minority when it comes to wanting to work with the software remotely. I know most places have a policy against their forensic workstations being connected to a network at all.

SCOOP! Shocked
the_Grinch (and/or the majority) are old too Smile .

www.forensicfocus.com/...8/#6601198

jaclaz

Page 4 of 4
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4