±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 34714
New Yesterday: 0 Visitors: 297

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Webinars

Forensic Focus - Iphone image RAW using linux - Digital Forensics Forums Mobile Phone Forensics - Iphone image RAW using linux

Forensic Focus

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:

Mobile Phone Forensics

Iphone image RAW using linux

Re: Iphone image RAW using linux

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:29 pm
Author: armresl Location: Indiana
Doug, the Elcomsoft version is also LE only so 2 of those choices the majority can't use.

Everyday I am more amazed at the companies that go this route and only supply to LE.

- Doug
for direct trouble shooting it might be helpful to post up the Hardware and iOS versions you are dealing with.

In relation to tools that can image the iPhone the obvious first question relates to your employment. Are you working in Law Enforcement?

If you are LE then you can apply for free access to the Zdziarski toolset:
www.iosresearch.org/
They work on both Linux and Mac

Otherwise if you have access to a Mac then Sean at Katana offers a good solution:
katanaforensics.com/

My personal preference at the moment (due to its Windows and Mac support) would be the offerings from Elcomsoft:
www.elcomsoft.com/eift.html

There are other solutions that offer iPhone imaging as part of their arsenal such as the Cellebrite Ultimate unit:
www.cellebrite.com/mob...imate.html

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:01 am
Author: nocomp Location: france
- trewmte
Hi Herve

Because you are looking for possible free solution, a few posts I read that I wasn't sure whether you have read them?

jefferytay.wordpress.c...hone-ipad/

modmyi.com/forums/gene...woe-2.html

log.ijulien.com/post/1...a-recovery

ubuntuforums.org/showt...?t=1366684

www.tuxtree.com/2009/1...using.html

hi,
thx a lot for your links, truelly appreciate.
from what i ve read, i ve did the right thing then with my dd command.
the question is, why you can t mount the .img image that is generated?
is it cause of bs=1M ?

best regards
herve

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:02 am
- armresl
Doug, the Elcomsoft version is also LE only so 2 of those choices the majority can't use.

Everyday I am more amazed at the companies that go this route and only supply to LE.

- Doug
for direct trouble shooting it might be helpful to post up the Hardware and iOS versions you are dealing with.

In relation to tools that can image the iPhone the obvious first question relates to your employment. Are you working in Law Enforcement?

If you are LE then you can apply for free access to the Zdziarski toolset:
www.iosresearch.org/
They work on both Linux and Mac

Otherwise if you have access to a Mac then Sean at Katana offers a good solution:
katanaforensics.com/

My personal preference at the moment (due to its Windows and Mac support) would be the offerings from Elcomsoft:
www.elcomsoft.com/eift.html

There are other solutions that offer iPhone imaging as part of their arsenal such as the Cellebrite Ultimate unit:
www.cellebrite.com/mob...imate.html

i agree with you, this is just pathetic, "l337 only" kind of behaviour tthat make you want to shate your app on bittorent once you scored it!

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:29 am
Author: steve91386 Location: USA
You have access to a Mac, and depending on the hardware you are trying to image, Katana Forensics offers a free imaging tool called LanternLite; katanaforensics.com/la...anternlite

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:36 am
hi steve,
thxx i ve found this one, but couldn t install it on the mac, got an error during install :/ "lantern lite run preflight script"
#fail #coarsed!

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:45 am
Author: steve91386 Location: USA
- nocomp
hi steve,
thxx i ve found this one, but couldn t install it on the mac, got an error during install :/ "lantern lite run preflight script"
#fail #coarsed!

Try downloading all the components again and reinstall. I've used this tool extensively with great success, if you've got a device that it supports and you're really looking for a free tool it'd be worth the effort to get it running.

Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:49 am
i agree with you steve, but what component you talk about? there is just a .zip file to download.