±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 35530
New Yesterday: 1 Visitors: 105

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Webinars

Samsung Tocco Lite Decode

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page 1, 2  Next 

DazM

Samsung Tocco Lite Decode

Post Posted: Mar 06, 13 21:11

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of decoding a physical read from this phone.

We've been trying to locate SMS and call logs from the read we have however, the SMS don't seem to be encoded in the normal 7 bit format.

I've tried to use Cellebrite PA which is where we got the physical read from, however this does not support and decode.

Any advice would help  

EBWahlberg

Re: Samsung Tocco Lite Decode

Post Posted: Mar 07, 13 00:44

Not sure about that model but I have had good luck with Final Mobile. I have used Cellebrite physical downloads before and have been able to decode them with FM. They also do a good job getting physicals from Samsung CDMA handsets.  

polar

Post Posted: Mar 07, 13 16:32

- DazM
We've been trying to locate SMS and call logs from the read we have however, the SMS don't seem to be encoded in the normal 7 bit format.

You should be able to find messages in the PDU format. Have you tried UCS-2?

Calls are a bit trickier.

mobileforensicswales

Post Posted: Mar 07, 13 16:53

I have done a tone of these and find often the file system recovers far more

The nand memory dumps are very broken and split alot of texts down the middle with page'ing of the memory  

mobileforensicswales

Post Posted: Mar 07, 13 16:54

I addition, I noted some sent SMS are saved in ASCII format. You will be able to find the SMS date/time in an epoch just before the persons name and number. If you need me to find the exact offsets etc. I could try and find it in my knowledge base  

ixam

Post Posted: Mar 07, 13 18:16

We can assist with your request & have previously decoded memory images from this model of phone, recovering the data types specified.

The data recovery does not reply on any commercially available decoding tools.

Send an e-mail to our enquiries e-mail (marked for my attention) which can be found on our website & I will provide further information.

John Barwood
Forensic Telecommunication Services
www.forensicts.co.uk  

jhup

Post Posted: Mar 07, 13 21:55

Why not share your findings with the rest of the community?

- ixam
We can assist with your request & have previously decoded memory images from this model of phone, recovering the data types specified.

The data recovery does not reply on any commercially available decoding tools.

Send an e-mail to our enquiries e-mail (marked for my attention) which can be found on our website & I will provide further information.

John Barwood
Forensic Telecommunication Services
www.forensicts.co.uk

Page 1 of 2
Page 1, 2  Next